1UZFE, Atom II injection

ChrisE

Hi, first post here, :)

I have a 1uz (ucf20) non vvti that I have running with a link g4+ Atom II. I wired up the injectors in accordance with the help info below:

Injector drive 1 is wired to injectors for cylinders 1 and 7.

·Injector drive 2 is wired to injectors for cylinders 2 and 8.

·Injector drive 3 is wired to injectors for cylinders 3 and 5.

·Injector drive 4 is wired to injectors for cylinders 4 and 6.

Now I am a bit confused as to what the above wiring allows me to do with the injection mode settings. I have the injection mode set to multi-point/group injection for now.

Reading the help section in G4+ it says I can set the injection mode to sequential to give a semi sequential inj mode...

Reading the help file in G4X, it says to select semi sequential for the above grouped injectors, which makes sense as the injectors will need to be triggered twice in a 720 degree rotation. Why does the G4+ help say to set it to sequential? For my G4+ atom, which mode should I use for best Idle response? Also would the Injector dead times off the G4x 1uz map work with my injectors? I found that getting the correct dead time really helps with economy. I have tuned with, links,  Motec, nistune, tunerpro(using emulators) and megasquirts. So not new to tuning, just new to setting up a link correctly for a 1UZ.

Also I have the offset set to -356 as I am using the LH bank cam sensor, going to -4 still allows the engine to run at the moment, will I need to change this once I have set my inj mode correctly?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris 

Update on this,

I changed the Injection mode to sequential, Calibrated the offset to -4 to get 10*BTDC, added the Dead time table to the tune from the G4X atom 1uz sample, this will be adjusted later when I get a chance to test this on the bench, seems to purr, odd that some others had difficulty using -4 on the LH cam(number 1 cyl bank), mine seems to do fine. 

Hope this helps someone else out down the line, 

Regards

Chris

Sounds like you've figured it out, but just FYI, "Sequential" injection mode in the G4+ will give exactly the same control strategy as the "semi-sequential" mode in the G4X - assuming a Monsoon wired to a V8 as above.  The new semi-seq mode in the G4X is just to allow more flexibility with some of the engines that have an odd firing order that dont fit the pairing requirement of the G4+.  

• 8 months later...

Hi again,

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I wanted to know, does it make a difference whether I have my trigger offset at -4 or +356? As above, running an atom, semi sequential and using the original distributors for ignition. The way it is wired is like a batched injection and its triggered like one too? I get 10* on the timing light at -4 offset and +356. I am chasing economy at the moment, I seem to get a lower inj duty cycle at a +356 offset for a CLL target I have set, say 14.3 same tps, same map readings, iat and same ign timing I get a higher Inj duty cycle at -4. Any body played with this or am I looking to far into it?

The split would be .3 to .5 duty.

I am using the LH cam for sync ref ((looking from the rear of the engine forward) Passenger side))

Thanks

Chris

Yes, the offset will need to be correct for sequential injection to work correctly.  Semi-sequential works just like sequential, where the aim is to inject the fuel at close to the most optimum time.  It is still only injected once every 720degs like sequential.  So, one of those offsets will mean the fuel is being injected 360deg later that ideal.  

I dont know the 1UZ well enough to know which one is right.  To confirm you could wind the engine over by hand and park it at TDC #1 compression stroke.  Then pull the cam cover off (or you might even be able to just look down the cam sensor hole) to see where the cam tooth is in relation to the sensor.  If the cam tooth is pointing somewhere close to the sensor then the -4 is your correct offset.  If the cam tooth is pointing away from the sensor (ie 180 deg out), then your correct offset would be the +356 one.