Dieseling on Mini r53

Akumazeto

As far as I know on the mini's the power to the ecu, injectors and coils is cut as soon as you turn the ignition off, so Im not sure if the ecu could cause it to "diesel".  Maybe you have a leaky fuel injector or two?   

I guess if there was a badly wired accessory or something it could back feed and potentially keep the ecu alive after key off.  One check you can do to confirm power is being cut - with your laptop connected to ecu, turn off ignition and check that ecu disconnects from PC link right away. 

That looks like it turns off close enough to instantly to me.  There is a small delay in what the laptop displays.  

I think you will have to experiment with the tune to see if you can eliminate it.  The first thing I would try is moving the injector timing later so that end of injection is about 200BTDC, this will mean there is less fuel vapour left in the port.  If that didnt help you could also try going richer or leaner around idle to see if that has any influence.  Pre-ignition will generally occur easier with very lean mixtures so try going richer as a start.

It may have very minimal effect (accel enrichment may not be as smooth), but at this stage just change it temporarily to see if it effects the run-on.  If it helps then we can change the injector timing to a table so that it is only advanced at idle and returns to normal timing all other times.

Have you checked some of these ?

Causes of Dieseling

• Using the wrong spark plugs
  • Spark plug tips covered in carbon
  • Engine overheating
  • EGR Valve Problems
  • Vacuum leaks
  • Idle too high
  • Fuel injection problems
  • Ignition timing too advanced
  • Carbon buildup in the valves or combustion chambers

1 hour ago, Alan said:

I noticed your Injector Timing is set to 400 BTDC.

I use 355 with stock cam advanced 10 degrees.  No issue with dieseling.  ENDYN BVH & TVS 900.

So you have thumpers  adjustable none adjustable cam gear roflmao. I'll give that a 355 a try.  Dont recall your build on any of the Mini groups most of them are all lxm hugging and stickers though.