can bus data mode

DCSpeed

Is there any way of getting around the limit of too many parameters in the stream? i want to build a custom stream to send from my g4+ fury to my motec c125. i see that you can load a generic dash on the mode page and it will work fine, but if you load that stream on the 'stream' tab it will come up with the same error saying too many parameters in the stream. i am not trying to send as many parameters as the generic dash. is there a way to save my custom stream and make it a option on the data mode options? 

Do you have other custom streams set up also?  It shouldnt complain if all you are sending is my broken down version of the generic dash stream.

From memory there is a max of 50 parameters total, this includes stuff you have on other streams.  The preconfigured streams are not counted in that limit, so one workaround I sometimes need to employ is use the preconfigured Generic dash or the Dash2pro streams as these include the bulk of the common variables like RPM, MAP etc, then set up a custom stream to send only the extra stuff you want that is missing from the preconfigured.

yes i have 4 custom ones for the motec pdm i have on the same bus. i can delete those streams for the pdm and still have a problem with only getting 15 parameters in a stream over 5 frames. the reason i am trying to get everything onto one stream is that i am planning on having a egt sensor over the same can bus and i have a can bus expansion module in the rear of the car. so i am running out of spare streams to use on the ecu. I would be nice if i could save my configuration can then select it on the data mode tab.  

I rarely run into any problem and have done some fairly complex CAN networks.  Can I take a look at your ecu and PDM config to see if I can offer any suggestions.    Are you using both CAN ports on the ECU?  You can link CAN 1 & 2 together (have them each end of the bus) to get more flexibility in some cases.

Can you attach the PDM config too.  Your streams 3,4&5 are only sending a few bits each so they can probably be all condensed into a single stream.  Can possibly do something smart at the PDM end also to combine output channels into a single byte which would allow stream 1 & 2 to be condensed into 1.  Also what is connected to CAN1, what is stream 7, 8 & 9 doing?

Streams 7 & 8 i am going to use for the can bus expansion which will have the fuel level senders nitrous pressure some voltage input switches for boost maps strain gauge for sequential and a gear position indicator etc. i did wonder if it was possible to condense all the inputs to the pdm into one stream over afew frames but it does not seem to user friendly unless you are in the know. This is the pdm setup you helped me with last year when i was trying to figure out how to talk from the link to the pdm.

Motec PDM Mirage Adam.pdm