Problem sync mode g4x monsoon

kirchoff

Hello all,

I have been trying to start up a renault clio williams with 2 news g4x monsoon, i have not been able to have spark or injection in any off them , i can see rpm  and even good signal on triger scope but no spark or inj, after lot of testing and tries (even removing extra tooth from trigger wheel) with no luck , we tried an other monsoon (thirth one), but this time a g4+ from other car, with g4+ engine start up without any issue.

With test ignition and injection function spark and inj work ok on  both g4X, could be possible the problem were on firmware? or i am forgetting something on this new ecus?

IT is a semisecuential injection and wasted spark, we have tested last firmware and previous with same results.

Someone else had a similar problem?

yes 60-2 with no cam sensor.

The other g4+ we tested was fitted on other clio williams without tooth removed  and works ok, here you have base tune for start up, but we have tried almost all option on sw i think those days.

clio.pclx

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Tune and a trigger scope (log) during crank would be the go on this one. 

HI i am sorry but i didnt save any trigger scope file, but rpm look ok on pclink and even trigger scope signal, we were playing with sensor distance untill have a clear signal , with g4+ engine start up ok.

Thats truth that rpm looks a bit fluctuating on cracking, but even on g4+ and we have spark and inj with it

The trigger scope is going to be key.

The G4X is much more sensitive to trigger problems if it detects errors it will not fire the ignition.

It also has extra checks around detecting the gap that the + didn't do.

Where as the G4+ could have issues but continue running with out them being noticed.

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

The trigger scope is going to be key.

The G4X is much more sensitive to trigger problems if it detects errors it will not fire the ignition.

It also has extra checks around detecting the gap that the + didn't do.

Where as the G4+ could have issues but continue running with out them being noticed.

mmm i will try tomorrow to update here one, bu we have tried like 3 vr sensor and 1 hall sensor from clio 3, it is a really  high cr engine which help on having issues on reading while cracking

Sensor polarity and the arming voltages will be critical it could be that at the 0.6V you are getting background noise I would expect bigger voltages off the sensor when its crank driven. 

If you have a external scope to actually measure the signal would be additionally useful.

We have change polarity  of all sensor at least one time, even i have tried from 0.2 to 2 v arming rpm signal quality change but no spark or inj anytime

on the other hand i have to set on g4x filter to level 2 or 3 on lower one rpm while cracking rise to 3000 or 7000 randomly

Are you on the latest firmware?  Your map attached above shows you where on an old version, but the log shows a newer version?  Did you upgrade in between?  

Based on what I see I think this is a firmware problem as the triggerscope is showing the correct number of teeth coming through, but the tooth count is resetting often in the wrong place when the crankshaft quickly slows down (ecu thinks it sees a missing tooth).  If you are already on the latest firmware I think this is going to need some adjustments to the code to fix.  I will send an email to Link on your behalf and will cc you and ask them to get back to you.  Note it is  a 4 day Public holiday here in NZ for easter.

Fk1kVIq.png

HI Adamw  first of all thanks so much for your fast  answer.

Yes we have two g4x monsoon one upgradedn and other no upgrades so maybe i sent you remap from one and log from other, anyway problem is same with both firmwares.

Awith g4+ car start up, rpm fluctuate a little bit on cracking but it start up, this engine is a really high cr compression so maybe it could improve the problem.

On the other hand i have tested g4x on other complete different car ( vw 16v ) with hall sensor 60-2  trigger wheel and lower cr, it works ok on this engine.

Hope it could be solved, i understand the dates we are so   no problem for waiting some days, we can work untill solution with the g4+.

BR and happy easter

If you have some spare time in the next few days, could you try the G4X back in the Clio and crank it with the spark plugs out to see if you get spark when there is no compression.  That would at least back up my thoughts that it is the unstable crank speed that is upsetting it. 

• 1 year later...

Hi there did u have any luck getting spark I had similar issues working on a Targa car and worked with g4+and now finding issues crossing ova to the new g4x systems this second time now ran in to triggering issues with odd ball engine s and this time I found that the monsoon won't fire spark or injection on reluctors soon as I switched to a halleffect I was back in business and ran straight away swapped polarity etc on reluctors still wouldn't work change ed arming voltages up and down no change it showed rpm and told me injection and ignition was active but no spark or injection till I used halleffect

After the trigger signal goes through the VR conditioning circuit the processor gets the same signal from a hall sensor as it does from a VR sensor, they are treated no different and will look exactly the same electronically.  So if you have a problem with a VR sensor, the problem is on the conditioning side - either the arming threshold is set incorrectly or there is a ground offset, a zero crossing issue or it is wired incorrect polarity.  

If you attach triggerscopes we can help you solve it.