Evolink gear detection issue

Adturb

Is there an issue with the latest firmware as my gear detection (displayed on a Plex uSDM 100) has now got a huge delay and seems erratic after the update. Previously this was working brilliantly (for the last 2+ years and every firmware in-between).

I haven't tried to reload the firmware or relearn gear detection as it does seem to display the right gear, eventually. 

As a complete side note, are there any benefits of upgrading from my G4+ to G4x platform? Specifically more digital I/O would be a great benefit for my application.

I honestly noticed this recently with my gear display on my dash, I chocked it up to me playing with rear gear ratio at first but after a re-calibration of the wheel speeds its still kind of spotty and inconsistent.

Maybe @Simon or @Adamw might have some insight on this.

As for + to X platform upgrade, the physical pinouts of the units are not changing.  Its just a new processor in the box with new software, firmware, and functionality.  The physical I/O is not changing.

Cheers. I may look to downgrade the firmware unless it's likely an new revision will be released- although it may be a fair assumption that the G4+ will be left and the Link focus will shift to the G4X platform?

On 4/10/2020 at 8:53 AM, Adamw said:

As far as I know nothing has changed related to the gear detection code for many years.  Lets start by attaching a log of a short drive and your tune.

It's weird as the gear indication/ detection has been fantastic up to now. I'll download a log when I get 2 mins and post it up.