Is it possible to make Motec SLM (OBD shift light) work with a Link ECU?

TnF

I'm fixing an EVO my friend bought with a Motec M800 and other goodies and i'm swapping him to a Link G4+ xtreme pnp ecu.

The car has already a Motec SLM unit which connects and works via OBD:

https://www.motec.com.au/ac-sl-slm/sl-slm-ov/

Did you reverse engineer/have the parameters needed to make it talk with the Link ecu so that we can have at least some basic functionality?

Kind regards

They dont make a OBD version as far as I know.  There is the full SLM which has configurable colours/brightness/functions, then there is the SLM-C which is the more basic version with much less flexability.  Both are generic CAN, not OBD2.

Attached is a basic setup for the full version.  The first 6 LED's are used for shift lights coming on at different RPM's (set RPM for each using virtual aux 1-3).  The last two LED's are set up as warnings, in this example it will flash CE light codes or come on solid if boost goes above 280kpa or water temp goes above 105C (set in virtual aux 4).

The colours and brightness can only be changed by changing the multiplier and offset in the CAN setup.  In this example I have them set to 80% brightness which might be a bit high for night driving.

Motec SLM Example.pclr

Yes i meant CAN not OBD sorry;p I was really tired, the whole wiring and installations on the car are a mess, just finished and preparing a base map. I'll see if my friend wants to keep it and i'll try to see if i can get it to work :) Thanks for the help.