laptop not connecting to ecu

Ryan33

Hey Guys 

I have a plug in link G4+ in my R33 GTR, when I plug my laptop into the usb cable of the ecu, the laptop does its little ring to let you know its connected but when I go to connect to ecu via pc link it comes up with "unable to open the selected com port". I have uninstalled and downloaded the latest pclink down load and it still does it. I have looked In the device management thing on my laptop, and it says there is a driver issue, I have tried updating the driver and it comes up with, this is the most up to date driver. Any suggestions?

IMG_1592[2745].jpg

IMG_1593[2743].jpg

Ok, thats a weird one I havent come accross before.  Can you try uninstalling that driver - do it in device manager, right click on it, then choose un-install.  If it asks you if you also want to delete the driver then chose yes too.

Then try installing these older drivers.  

Link USB Drivers.zip

• 3 years later...

Couple things I've seen: don't have multiple copies of the software open at the same time.  Set the Connection Port to Auto instead of picking a paricular COM port, or vice versa select the com port that shows up in the device manager if it's already set up for Connection Port -> Auto.

9 hours ago, Merxy said:

What did you do? 

If you post some information about your issue connecting like the images requested above and a brief description of what's happening, that my also help.  Is this a new install or was connecting before and now it won't?