Fury for EZ30R

suby3.0

Hi,

This my first draft map in attachment for EZ30R. I didn't plug in yet. Before doing so I would like some advise from you guys the pro. to see if I'm on the right track. I know I missing parameters. And not sure about few thing: first I have a GM throttle body cable drive. The IAC is 6 wire I use Aux out 6-8 but don't know how to set them and the map for it. Second I kind of lost with the AVCS system. I got some advise in the pass how to wire it but I need more understanding for the control. 

air temp sensor is AEM 30-2010

Fuel pump DW300 V2.0

O2 sensor Bosh LSU 4,9 wide band I will use only one.

IAC is for LS1 GM

MAP 1.15 bars Link

wheel speed I use Advance wheel sensor from https://mapdccd.com/awss.html don't know how to set up the parameters.

The rest are OEM. 

Any help will be appreciate.

EZ30R-4.0.pclr

Can you confirm what Aux 3 is wired to?  It looks like Aux 1 & 2 are the inlet cams AVCS, but aux 3 also is assigned to LH inlet cam.  I dont know what "OSS" means?  Is this the variable valve lift solenoid?

3 hours ago, suby3.0 said:

And not sure about few thing: first I have a GM throttle body cable drive. The IAC is 6 wire I use Aux out 6-8 but don't know how to set them and the map for it.

Do you know what engine it is from?  GM usually only has 4 wire stepper motors.

On 4/28/2020 at 6:00 PM, Adamw said:

Can you confirm what Aux 3 is wired to?  It looks like Aux 1 & 2 are the inlet cams AVCS, but aux 3 also is assigned to LH inlet cam.  I dont know what "OSS" means?  Is this the variable valve lift solenoid?

yes Aux3 is wired to both RH and LH  AVCS oil switch solenoid.

On 4/28/2020 at 6:00 PM, Adamw said:

Hi Adamw,

Sorry It is a 4 wire to the GM LS1 step motor. I use Aux out 5 for coil B low, 6 for coil B high, 7 for coil A low and 8 for coil A high. How do you set the Map for each Aux?

This should be closer.  I dont know how the oil pressure switches on the AVLS work, do they send gnd or +12V to the ecu?  are they open or closed when oil pressure is ok?

I have assumed the oil pressure switches connect 12V to ecu when oil pressure is low.  I have st up AVLS to switch on when ECT >70°C, RPM is >4000 and Oil pressure switch is ok.

EZ30R-4.1.pclr

19 hours ago, Adamw said:

This should be closer.  I dont know how the oil pressure switches on the AVLS work, do they send gnd or +12V to the ecu?  are they open or closed when oil pressure is ok?

I have assumed the oil pressure switches connect 12V to ecu when oil pressure is low.  I have st up AVLS to switch on when ECT >70°C, RPM is >4000 and Oil pressure switch is ok.

EZ30R-4.1.pclr 151.13 kB · 1 download

Hi Adam

Really appreciate your help. To answer your questions, I don't know how the oil switching solenoid works. I suppose the same than intake oil flow control solenoid valve.

I got this answer some time ago working on the wiring {oil switching solenoid LH and RH and the AVLS activation solenoids (ie the VTEC-ish cam switching). These go to any aux output (cant remember if they are high or low side drive, you'll have to check the wiring diagram) You can wire them both to the same output if you are short on aux out's. I cant see a reason you would ever switch 1 bank and not the other}

See attachment the wiring diagram.

Engine Electrical System AVCS.pdf

1 hour ago, suby3.0 said:

Hi Adam

Really appreciate your help. To answer your questions, I don't know how the oil switching solenoid works. I suppose the same than intake oil flow control solenoid valve.

I got this answer some time ago working on the wiring {oil switching solenoid LH and RH and the AVLS activation solenoids (ie the VTEC-ish cam switching). These go to any aux output (cant remember if they are high or low side drive, you'll have to check the wiring diagram) You can wire them both to the same output if you are short on aux out's. I cant see a reason you would ever switch 1 bank and not the other}

See attachment the wiring diagram.

Engine Electrical System AVCS.pdf 428.36 kB · 0 downloads

I just find out that info:

In this regard, when the engine is off or at lower engine speeds, the oil pressure to the variable lift cam is low. It's only when the engine gets up to cruising-type speeds (and depending on some other factors) that the engine control module will command a switch from the low lift cam to the high lift cam. This is effected by changing the signal to the switching solenoid from a low duty cycle to a high duty cycle. 

I think you or me are confusing AVCS pressure switch wire to DI7&8 and oil switching solenoid wire both on Aux 3. 

I think they are the same set up than most of subaru engine.

I know how the solenoids work.  My question is how are the oil pressure switches wired and how do they work(DI7 & 8).  Are they open circuit with high pressure or low?  Is the other side of the switch connected to ground or to +12V?

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

I know how the solenoids work.  My question is how are the oil pressure switches wired and how do they work(DI7 & 8).  Are they open circuit with high pressure or low?  Is the other side of the switch connected to ground or to +12V?

Sorry misunderstood

that how the switch work They have only one wire to the ECM and connect to the ground. When the ECM is commanding a low mode, the pressure should be low, and the oil pressure switches should be closed, that is, low resistance between their connector terminal and ground. When the ECM is commanding a high mode (usually at higher engine speeds), the switch should be open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 5:24 PM, Adamw said:

Ok, I have turned the pull-up on and reversed the logic for the oil pressure switches.

New file attached.

EZ30R-4.2.pclr 151.13 kB · 1 download

Hi AdamW,

I try to run the engine but the Fuel and ignition didn't want to turn on. Everything else working include fuel pump. I suppose when I turn the ignition switch on all cylinders fuel and Ign need to turn on. Do the DI3 who is the ignition switch need to be set differently? Do the resistor need to be on or OFF it is OFF now. I have a TPS running from 0.08V to 3.33V.

You have no ignition switch on DI3 so the ECU is cutting fuel and spark.  The way DI3 is set up is there should be 12V on DI3 pin when ignition switch is on, you dont have 12V there so it suggests a wiring problem.

Also, it looks like you have a trigger problem too, so even when you fix the ignition switch it still wont go.  Can you do a triggerscope while cranking and attach that here.   How to do triggerscope: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmidU5V2CmTcv6t2y?e=QTUGac

Hi,

I fix DI3 and did the test. The engine first try to start some cylinder was firing but stop brutally and power shut down from ECU and got disconnect. That was crank test 2. After I did trigger scope test than try again with crank 3 they was some puffing but that's it.

crank test 2.llg crank test 3.llg Trigger Scope Log 2020-05-20 7;55;15 am.llg

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

The crank sensor is wired incorrect polarity, swap the +/- wires at the sensor.

Then do us another log.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

The crank sensor is wired incorrect polarity, swap the +/- wires at the sensor.

Then do us another log.

On 5/19/2020 at 5:33 PM, Adamw said:

You have no ignition switch on DI3 so the ECU is cutting fuel and spark.  The way DI3 is set up is there should be 12V on DI3 pin when ignition switch is on, you dont have 12V there so it suggests a wiring problem.

Also, it looks like you have a trigger problem too, so even when you fix the ignition switch it still wont go.  Can you do a triggerscope while cranking and attach that here.   How to do triggerscope: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmidU5V2CmTcv6t2y?e=QTUGac

Sound like the engine want to start but the still something off like to much fuel.

Trigger Scope Log 2020-05-20 6;13;02 pm.llg crant test 4.llg

I have an other small problem. see drawing attached that is my wiring for the hold power to the ecu because the ISC I'm using. I set up thee ICS to turn key off 3s and that work when I turn it off. But to turn it on that where I have a problem. I set up aux fuel 8 to hold power to Ecu with LOW input. But he doesn't control the relay until with the laptop I put on High then low again wit ignition switch on and at the time the main relay click. But if I turn off even I download to the ECU this parameters I have the same problem. Can it be the set up of DI3?

IMG_0398.HEIC

On 5/20/2020 at 10:12 PM, Adamw said:

Ok, try this one should be closer, your last file was set up for 800cc injectors.

Im not sure about the relay control problem.  Does DI3 runtime show green/active when the ignition switch is on and says off when the ignition switch is off?

linkecu4.5.pclr 160.13 kB · 0 downloads

Hi,

The engine run Thank you. both DI3 and Aux Fuel 8 are on but the main relay and the holder relay don't click. I will check voltage on all connection this week end. but do aux fuel 8 set at ecu power holder is on that mean the connection is connect to the ground set on low? I can make them click using the labtop switching from high to low at this time it work. but turn ignition off than back on nothing.

I check everything. The problem is that Inj 8 set has ECU power holder need to connect to the ground when ECU is power to initiate the relay on. But it doesn't. Can you explain how INJ 8 works in the ECU when set has ECU power holder?

I'm able to turn the relay on by connecting a wire to Inj 8 to the ground after the ECU is powered by ignition switch.

Is the ECU powered up when the key is switched on or do you have to ground inj8 to power up the ECU? If it is the second then you will need to use a switched power and a diode to power up the ecu when the ignition is turned on once it is powered up and the ignition switch input is active the ECU should pull inj8 to ground.

The way the hold power works is when the ECU is powered up and the ignition switch is active the ECU Hold power output is set to active, when the ignition switch becomes inactive an engine kill is applies and the ECU Hold Power stays active for the keep alive time.