Anti lag setup questions

MichaelR32GTR

I understand what anti lag is and the benefits,

just wondering is this something that can be setup with trial and error without been on the dyno ?

current rev limit is 9200rpm but shifting 1st to 2nd for example I get a little bit of turbo lag between gear changes, and I’m not on boost instantly between changes 

would anti lag be more beneficial or increase the rev limit (it’s built to rev to 10’000rpm - Rb26 stroked to 2.8 full house head, shimless setup Cnc porting etc etc)

any input would be much appreciated 

thanks !

Ok give this a try.  I have set it up so it should activate whenever you go above 5000RPM and 60%TP.  It will turn off 1sec after revs fall below 5000, the the idea with this is set up is it will generally only activate during a high RPM gear shift and not when you are trying to just drive around gently.

My settings may be a mile off as every engine is very different and I dont really know how much you lift off the throttle when doing a hard gear shift.  So, take it easy when you first try it to see how it goes - you may get very little effect, you may get a lot.  Depending on how effective it is be aware you may have less vacuum for the brake booster so keep that in your mind when testing.  Make sure you PC Log it and we will tweak from there.  

michael gtr tune1-1 with ALS.pclr

Thanks mate 

I should be able to test it next week and I will get a log and report back...

does that mean that shifting over 5000rpm anti lag with be activating ?

I’m normally completly off the throttle while shifting but this is a good start point let’s see how it goes !

thanks

26 minutes ago, MichaelR32GTR said:

does that mean that shifting over 5000rpm anti lag with be activating ?

Correct.  If you dont take it above 5000 and 60% TP the antilag will not activate at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Adamw, 

I'm in a similar situation as MichaelR32GTR. Am I able to send you my tune for you to setup the antilag as my tuner do not know how to set it up? 

I have a turbosmart fresh air valve  on a switch to the ecu on injector 7 and the solenoid is aux 2. 

Engine is sr20vet with G4X storm. 

I will try get the tune ready to upload in the next couple of days if that's OK? 

It's offroad only buggy and when the switch is on I'd like antilag from idle if possible? It's running a automatic transmission and we often go on and off the throttle allot.