Help ECU is dead

Benzilla15

ECU- SupraLink

I disconnected my battery and unplugged the ecu to do continuity tests on my trigger wires as i was having a trigger issue, how ever now i have no Check engine light, no Battery light and no oil light when i switch to 3rd ignition   my laptop now has no communication to the ecu

Ive pulled every fuse on the car none are blown  any ideas? its a Toyota supra mk4 manual  NA-T

The plugs are pretty fussy on those cars, it might pay to unplug it again and replug making sure it is square and fully home all around.  If that doesnt help then the next step is to confirm the following:

With ECU plugged in, backprobing the following pins;

Pin A33 should have +12V full time.

Pin A1 & A24 should have +12V when ign switch is on.

Hmm, thats weird there is no wire in A1 or A24, theses are normally the pins that control the main relay.   The main relay wiring must be changed - unless perhaps the NA cars done it differently?  FYI, I think that means "ECU hold power" wont work in this car, so make sure you set the idle valve to reset at key on and you will need to wait a couple of seconds after turning on the key before cranking.

Hi Adam if your comparing to the twin turbo  2JZ-GTE engine you may be correct thats its different as that engine runs COP the NA's run a distributor

As i now have power to the Ecu i have 3 fault codes all above error high value they are at 100 is that an earth problem in the engine bay?

image.thumb.png.0d609b345246250dd949116d201f71cb.png

Yes I would say provided the air and water temp sensors are actually plugged in then those 3 errors together would suggest there is possibly a broken sensor ground path.  The ground to these 3 sensors is a brown with black strip wire, they go to a splice point at E27 & E28, then eventually back to ECU pin B65.  So check there is continuity from the ground wire on these 3 sensors back to B65.

ZRXpJ9s.png