LINK G4x

orlando bello

Hello Guys I have notice this situation when connect to laptop g4x it connect very fast ,but the software screen freezes for more than 1 min sometime ,its green on top but if you want to start scroll to the menu and layouts it nothing happen just froze every time you connect .any body experience this or could be my laptop.??

• 2 weeks later...

Initial load of a map or loading the parameters pop-up for example in the tables' axis setup, or in a timeplot display to add parameters is extremely slow, but for me it is probably faster a bit then with the G4+ version.

• 1 month later...

hi boys my pc link freeze when I,m reving pass by 5k rpm every time having this issues for couple weeks could not figure out still any toughs to solve the issue.

just went got new laptop faster then what I used before but still can't figure this out

update my pc link to the latest  version also

thanks 

Same here, but I got used to live with it right now.

Earlier I saw this might be related to display card driver and somebody mentioned that rolling back to an Intel driver from 2013 resolved the issue, but for me the earliest driver available is from 2015 so I updated to the most recent version, but did not help. My laptop is quite powerful, so I don't think it is related to actual performance capabilities of the hardware.

5 hours ago, daniel stf said:

hi boys my pc link freeze when I,m reving pass by 5k rpm every time having this issues for couple weeks could not figure out still any toughs to solve the issue.

just went got new laptop faster then what I used before but still can't figure this out

update my pc link to the latest  version also

thanks 

Freezing is generally a comms drop out, often caused by extreme electrical noise.  Do you have resistor spark plugs fitted?  There are some changes to comms in the next software release which is coming soon that may help it recover quicker when comms is lost.

3 hours ago, Rozsko said:

Same here, but I got used to live with it right now.

Earlier I saw this might be related to display card driver and somebody mentioned that rolling back to an Intel driver from 2013 resolved the issue, but for me the earliest driver available is from 2015 so I updated to the most recent version, but did not help. My laptop is quite powerful, so I don't think it is related to actual performance capabilities of the hardware.

I think the engineers have got to the bottom of that now, they found some laptops would put the graphics cards into low power mode whenever not connected to AC power which made everything feel very slow.  In the next release they have taken a lot of load away from the graphics card so you should see a big improvement.