Setting up Toucan Keypad with traction control (Supralink)

Samurai Supra

Hi.

I have an issue setting up my toucan keypad with the traction disable switch & slip table 2 activation.

I have assigned a CAN DI to the table switching, but it does not seem to communicate at all. 

The traction disable has the same issue, not switching on or off using the traction disable switch status parameter.

I have used  the exact setup for the internal logging which works perfect, hence I'm a bit unsure on what the issue could be.

Attached the tune for reference, hope some can help, pretty new to CAN setups.

Note, the launch control is also activated by the Toucan via a CAN DI and works fine.

Thanks.

NUR13253 Tune 20200417 with LC & TC.pclr

You've got Receive user stream 2 set up on ID 1501 which looks like the standard Toucan setup with all 8 DI's coming in.  Then youve got receive User stream 3 set up on ID 1857 with some of the same DI's repeated and the traction disable. 

Where did you get the info to set up this Stream 3 as it looks wrong in many ways?

I cant even access the JT innovations website tonight to check if there is a manual or software I can look at.  

On your Toucan, what CALS/DI's are used for what? 

Edit, added later:

Finally got through to his website.  I see now the "keypad" is new functionality that has been added to the dash.  Some of your problem is the "cal buttons" on the dash are using the same CAN DI's as the keypad buttons so they will overwrite each other.  The rest of the problem is stream 3 is just set up wrong.

Can you tell me which Keypad buttons and which "cal numbers" you have set up in the dash to do what.

I had not assigned any CAL's as yet till I complete my water meth setup, for which I was going to use correction tables against a DI from the meth system.

If not using this, think CAL 1 would be base tune, 95 octane & low boost and CAL 2 hi octane, high boost and timing.

But none of that has been setup as yet, so was not expecting any repeats. 

Buttons are 1, 2, 3 for logging, trac disable and trac table switch.

I had looked through the file, couldnt find any repeats on the DI's, where had these been?

I followed the manuals as much as I could, strange thing is the logging button works fine.

Thanks Adam.

Edit: 

Read your reply again Adam, are you saying the CAN DI's on 1501 are only for use on the CAL funtionality?

The keypad setup on stream 3 is as per the keypad manual, my understanding is that those CAN DI's can be used to switch functions on the keypad as well.

Thats how I set the logging function up and it works fine.

I attached the manual I used as well.

Toucan Keypad Setup V1.82.pdf

58 minutes ago, Skeeed3r said:

@Samuarai Supra 

if iam right do you use the Toucan Display Keypad function without a PDM ?

Yes, thats correct, no PDM. 

@Adam, 

Tim from JTI helped me sort out the setup, I understnad now that the DI's being repeated in the stream 2& 3 was the issue. 

What I'm confused about is how the logging worked being duplicated.

The table switching does not work with any of the lockouts being enabled, any idea on that.

3 hours ago, Samurai Supra said:

The table switching does not work with any of the lockouts being enabled, any idea on that.

Attach your tune as it is now after the changes.   Which table switching are you talking about (boost or TC?) and which button is it assigned to in the dash keypad.  Is the dash set to transmit bits, bytes or words mode?

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Hi Mate,

It seems to be set up correctly to me and appears to work correctly and switch the TC table when I generate a CAN signal that emulates what I expect the keypad to be sending.   

Here is a quick video showing me testing:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPsHxSiejfbxtxaDgJ?e=CyFFHG

THanks Adam for the detailed check.

I had forgotten that the RPM, TP & speed lockout for the TC is set to zero in that file. Sorry about that.

If I turn one of those on, the TC table cannot switch.

Its not a big issue, but just checking if that is the way the it should be?

Thanks again.

10 hours ago, Samurai Supra said:

If I turn one of those on, the TC table cannot switch.

Its not a big issue, but just checking if that is the way the it should be?

Of course if traction is locked out then all traction functionality is disabled.  As soon as your lockout conditions are met the traction status will say ready and your table will switch.