E-throttle setup

Shaun Benwath

Link g4+ Fury, RB30DET 

Hey guys, so i setup my DBW throttle and i have had an issue where it would give me error 73 as the ecu would stop the DBW relay from supplying power, i got angry turned the power off and left the battery isolated overnight and on the battery conditioner over night. Everyone recommended to me that i should get a log of the issue happening, so this morning before work i went to do that and the error didn't come us for as long as i tried. (usually would error as soon as you switch the e-throttle settings from "on - Setup" to "On"). I am wondering if the voltage may have been an issue and because the battery was charged now it wasn't an issue?

I also have setup the PID settings myself on the throttle body and i was wondering if someone could look at the log of me opening and closing the throttle to see if it is good. I also couldn't find where to enter the frequency of the throttle body in the e-throttle settings? (500hz)

Thank you for your help!

6may.pclr Log 2020-05-7 8;16;47 am.llg Log 2020-05-7 8;18;11 am.llg

You have TP error counting up when you're at 100% and you have some TP/target errors as well.  The TP error is because your TPS's aren't calibrated correctly, when the Main shows 100% the sub only shows 96%, so that needs to be fixed.  The TP/Target error is likely your PID, so fix the frequency problem below first and retune the PID before worrying about this.  Normally I would not want to see error counters going much above 5.

The frequency is set on Aux 9, yours is currently set to 115Hz so that is not suitable, it should really be 500Hz min.  Once you change that you will need to re-tune the throttle control and I would expect your PID to then be something more normal like I suggested on your facebook post.

LG65GgA.png

40yTrh0.png

Okay, so i went home, changed the frequency and changed the PID settings to what Simon emailed me. Find attached two logs, my map and a screen shot of the PID settings i used.

Please let me know if the log looks good now. (no errors that i could see)

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 1.40.23 pm.png

ethrottle map 7th may.pclr Ethrottlelog 7th may.llg 2nd e throttle log 7th may.llg

Yeah, looks much more like it now.   There is a faint bit of oscillation in your log which you may find can be improved by dropping the P to 7.

Now I suggest you set the top row of your E-throttle target table to whatever value it needs to idle, often around 3-6%.  Then set your idle control mode to open loop E-throttle and zero out the idle base position table as well as all fan step,park step, ac step, start up step, fan, power steer etc before starting and tuning idle from there..

It doesnt look much different from yesterday to be honest, but really, I think you will find it quite acceptable as is. I probably wouldnt mess with it any more unless you can feel it when it is running.

• 2 years later...
On 5/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, Adamw said:

Now I suggest you set the top row of your E-throttle target table to whatever value it needs to idle, often around 3-6%.  Then set your idle control mode to open loop E-throttle and zero out the idle base position table as well as all fan step,park step, ac step, start up step, fan, power steer etc before starting and tuning idle from there..

Adam, hello.

The first row of e-throttle base table (0% AP) should be TP % of idling on warmed engine? And the idle position table should contain adder for warm up only?

Am I got you right?