Celica ST205 3S-GTE pure idle on AC activation

Anastasios Kazazis

Hi

While I enable the Air Condition, the engine idle from 950 rpm  is going lower ( about 850 rpm) & sometimes the engine powered off after a few seconds.

Is there anyway to increase the idle speed while the AC is enabled?

Below are the only settings that I can find:

image.png.a8205d21e6b87a9181c158a56eb7e076.png

Edited by Anastasios Kazazis

The AC step table is what opens the idle valve further when AC is activated.  Does making AC Step larger help?  If the AC step is not helping then you may be hitting the max clamp or the valve may already be too open.  If you are using traditional fuel equation there are also idle load fuel trims available under fuel corrections folder if you need to trim fuel when AC is on.  

You may need idle ign control in some cases.  Can you post a log and the tune.

Hi 

By increasing the values on AC Step table, it seems that now the engine has more normal operation than before. I have stable 950 rpm with and without AC open. 

But I would like to ask one more question, I saw that whenever I activate the AC , it seems that it is changed the boost table that I have manual enable by switch.

I have 3 boost tables (1st is  0.9 bar /2nd is 1.2 bar /3rd is 1.5 bar). If manually I have selected the 3rd and I will activate the AC then immediately it is changed to 1st boost table. What I can check to avoid that change?

Is there any specific configuration on my program or it is a by default ecu protection?

Thanks