Can I keep the wideband control always on and which ECU to buy?

possu

I'm planning to get a Fury or a Thunder ECU and use its native LSU4.9 controller. I've been playing with PCLink and its default setup values suggest that WB should be turned off when hitting a load threshold and/or an rpm threshold. Also reading the help suggests the same. Why is this the case? I'm used to the idea that WB control is always on. For several reasons.

The engine in question is a rather mild 6 cyl, 3,6 litre, ~600hp so only around 170hp / litre. There should be no problem for the WB controller to keep up with the engine I think.

I have not decided yet if I'll go with a stereo bank system with 2 sensors or use only one. Or just keep the option open to do so later on if I like.

Also is there anything (that actually matters) I'm not getting when going with the old g4+ vs the new g4x? Can't have the math functions I think. Anything else? The reason why I'm here in the first place is that I like the idea of being able to define table sizes and axis stuff freely. I certainly do want the modeled fuelling mode and most probably will use modeled air mass per stroke as the load axis for both fueling and ign. Might even consider using a MAF :)

Should I just wait for the Fury X or go with the Xtreme X + CAN expanders for WBO and EGT?

Thanks!

The G4+ has configurable table axis's modelled fuel etc but the G4X is faster, more precise, more configurable and has considerably more ongoing support in the form of new features and updates as well.

With regards to the dual vs single wideband I'm running two widebands on my NA 3.5L v6 and I've seen differences in fuelling between the banks of up to 11%.

Yes, if you have built-in or a Link CAN lambda then there are enough fail-safes built-in to allow full-time closed loop.  I would recommend turning on the trim table option so you can allow it to give more adjustment under say cruise conditions and less under high load/WOT - especially on the negative trim.

I also would wait for the G4X if you can, as it will just be better all around with continuous improvements being added.  I dont think the FuryX is far away, there were some hold ups in production due to some suppliers closing during the lockdown but I think they are all back in action now.