Should I be worried for these lean conditions

Volcom86

Hi all,

I have noticed these leans spots after I had my car tuned by a local tuner shop.

As soon as I go increase % on the throttle the AFR's will go into a lean spot for 200ms or so

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dpqh3fwetd9y7f/cruise.llg?dl=0 (Log File) 

What is coursing these conditions - Is it the tip in enrichment?

Is it something I should be concerned about ?

Thank you in advance for your help 

In general I think it probably wants a bit more accel enrichment all over but if if drives ok without any flatspots or hesitation then i wouldnt worry about the general low load cruising stuff that your first pic shows..

The lean spike in your second pic at the 9:23 mark I would be more concerned about since it is at WOT and peak torque RPM so it is going to be pretty prone to knock around that area.  Its hard to tell if it really is lean there or if it is something like a misfire that makes the probe read lean?

On the short burst you gave it just prior to this one (~9:21) it didnt go anywhere near as lean.  The main difference I can see from a fueling perspective was due to it being from lower RPM so got more accel enrichment.  So you could try adding a bit more accel enrichment above 4000 to see if it has any influence. Generally you dont need much above 4000, but it depends on injectors etc.

Rtr7iQw.png

22 minutes ago, Adamw said:

In general I think it probably wants a bit more accel enrichment all over but if if drives ok without any flatspots or hesitation then i wouldnt worry about the general low load cruising stuff that your first pic shows..

The lean spike in your second pic at the 9:23 mark I would be more concerned about since it is at WOT and peak torque RPM so it is going to be pretty prone to knock around that area.  Its hard to tell if it really is lean there or if it is something like a misfire that makes the probe read lean?

On the short burst you gave it just prior to this one (~9:21) it didnt go anywhere near as lean.  The main difference I can see from a fueling perspective was due to it being from lower RPM so got more accel enrichment.  So you could try adding a bit more accel enrichment above 4000 to see if it has any influence. Generally you dont need much above 4000, but it depends on injectors etc.

Rtr7iQw.png

Thanks for the Input again Adamw...

I forgot to ask if the lean spike in the log could possibly be coursed by CLL rate down settings impacting this? 

Thanks again for your feedback I really appreciate it.

Cheers, 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Adam,

Hope all is well.

I finally got to go do some testing.

I changed added some Accel Enrichment above 4,000RPM am I perhaps not giving it enough?

image.png.d71e4c2af7026bfafd619b0d512834cc.png

image.thumb.png.40df762cbf4e514c8b387a9c9102488d.png

Attached log file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8x6r4v3upesly2/test 7.6.2020.llg?dl=0

Injectors are 1,700 ID's  

04 MY05 STi with standard drive by cable throttle body 

I should also mention that my AFR sensor is in the middle part of the exhaust past the dumpipe section where it meets the middle section 

Thank you for any feedback