G4X CAN IO

barge

So over in the G4+ forum AdamW mentioned that the G4X has the capability to receive almost any input over CANbus.

I was wondering if more output flexibility was added as well. On the g4+ i was running a canbus controlled fuel pump controller for a time but if I didn't assign a physical output to FP Speed... the CAN output of FPspeed would not function.

Are these output assignments becoming more flexible now in regards to CAN? With all the PDM's and CAN devices out there not it's nice to be able to do this kind of stuff fully over CAN.

Most functions still need an output set to function properly as without the use of the output runtime you often don't have the data you want to transmit. The way to do it is to set  a virtual aux as the output and transmit it's state. In terms of PWM there aren't currently virtual outputs that can do PWM but there are plans to add some virtual PWM outputs which will have an associated frequency and Duty Cycle runtime.

5 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Most functions still need an output set to function properly as without the use of the output runtime you often don't have the data you want to transmit. The way to do it is to set  a virtual aux as the output and transmit it's state. In terms of PWM there aren't currently virtual outputs that can do PWM but there are plans to add some virtual PWM outputs which will have an associated frequency and Duty Cycle runtime.

Thanks... those virtual PWMs would be helpful for some of the stuff I'm trying to do.