Idle control

S172

Hi currently running a fury g4+ running a ethrottle setup with both idle speed and throttle combined VDO tb no idle control on my particular motor my question is can you run a Mac valve or other 2 pin solenoid to control idle speed or does it have to be a  stepper motor like most 3 pin 4 etc 

regards 

scott 

Cool thanks for that Yeah believe me when I say it’s a bit of a test tbh I’ve tried ever setting parameters closed loop open loop ignition idle control etc available and I’ve got a pretty good idle tbh when you cruise to a half but say when parking and very slow manoeuvring it’s an absolute A hole So it’s a bit of a try out really not sure if it’s just a characteristic of my particular engine 

yeah and again I wasn’t quite sure if you had to use a stepper motor so I’m going to try a Mac valve 

Give us a log of the idle problem you currently have, I have never had difficulty getting decent manners from E-throttle idle control unless the throttle body is way too big, so its likely just a tune issue.

If you really did want to go to a solenoid valve then the recommended option would be one of the common Bosch 2 or 3 wire types, many euro cars from '90s - mid 2000 had them, BMW, VW, Volvo etc.  They are very reliable, give good control and flow plenty of air.  You should be able to find them in a scrap yard for next to nothing.

Yeah the canister type one I know the one  I was hoping to use something with  smaller ports really but anyway the problem I’ve found Adam is when the pas is operated at low speed as I’ve said it seems to make the idle fluctuate and then cuts out I’ll attach a log and file on Monday when I get back out in it 

Yeah my PAS digital input goes active that’s all wired fine my step up is quite low now little as 0.1 as I try it on various levels and it’s seems to make things worse the more i increase the numbers this is a new game to me The ethrottle I’m probably doing something wrong although I’ve played with the link stuff before on mostly Toyotas but they’d all had separate icv and cable throttle bodies but I’ve recently wired a fury to my own Renault Clio Turbo with just the vdo tb on it everything else is fine mapped etc runs drives on boost etc just this niggle