Traction Control..

Guest |229|

Lekonna

this forum is NOT a handbook for wanabee tuners.

This is serious product which is very easy and understandable to use.

Product SHOULD be installed and tuned by experienced tuner, not hobist or novice which doesn't understand the difference between sensor and common ground. Or hall and inductive sensor. This is NOT the place to teach everyone these things. This is VIPEC support, for Vipec problems, not BASE electric/tuning/mechanic questions.

This is the way it should be. Tuners should tune and customers should drive the product. Not like this, tuners sell and customers ask endless base questions about things NOT related to vipec product.

Hope you understand what I refer to.

sure thing man, i completely understand what you are talking about, though not sure that i completely agree. Anyways it is irrelevant to discuss this further since it is not for either one of us to decide how the company making the product see fit to improve their sales. Out of the people i know here who have aftermarket ecus in their cars, most tune the stuff themselves. They rarely confuse common ground for a sensor, or space saver wheel for a glove compartment, just that for some things it is much faster to ask someone who has already done the stuff than to re-invent the wheel again. For this market, the usability of the product without throwing thousands of $$ at the "pro" is usually one of the key factors in deciding what ECU to go for. For me the help files and support on the forum was the key factors making the decision to go for Vipec, which is fairly unknown brand here in Finland.

I can still fully recommend this product based on my experience so far, mostly due to the excellent help files.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sure thing man, i completely understand what you are talking about, though not sure that i completely agree. Anyways it is irrelevant to discuss this further since it is not for either one of us to decide how the company making the product see fit to improve their sales. Out of the people i know here who have aftermarket ecus in their cars, most tune the stuff themselves. They rarely confuse common ground for a sensor, or space saver wheel for a glove compartment, just that for some things it is much faster to ask someone who has already done the stuff than to re-invent the wheel again. For this market, the usability of the product without throwing thousands of $$ at the "pro" is usually one of the key factors in deciding what ECU to go for. For me the help files and support on the forum was the key factors making the decision to go for Vipec, which is fairly unknown brand here in Finland.

I can still fully recommend this product based on my experience so far, mostly due to the excellent help files.

I can relate to this post. I have built, maintained and driven, NHRA stock and Superstock drag racing cars since the mid 70's. I've set more than 50 NHRA et and speed records. Been NHRA stock eliminator world champ and W.R. Grace Cup champ. So I usually can tell the difference between a glove box and a spare.

My present car is the first to run a programable ecu. I started with a f.a.s.t. system. But because of poor customer support from fast went to a Vi-Pec V-44 I had never programed an ecu. I wasn't much past knowing the difference between a sensor and a ground.

I had someone put it in and set it up, then dyno it. I'm on my own now and learning a lot about how to tune it on my own. But I never went to school for automotive mechanics, or worked as a mechanic. Most of my learning was on my own stuff more than 30 years ago. When it was all carbs and distributors. or gear power fuel injection.

Some times I'm frustated with problems I don't understand. Accelleration enrichment was one of them. But Ray helped me out and got me headed in the right direction. Simon has also answered some "dumb" questions I've asked. Other members have helped also.

And I'm sure there will be more things to ask in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a support question for traction control, I am finishing up my chassis wiring and want to wire whatever inputs I need now so I dont have to go back and change the wiring when we get a firmware update that supports traction control. What do I need? I was going to wire a di input for speed from the factory speedo sender on the trans and I assume we also need some control like a front wheel speed sensor (rwd) car. I can also wire in the abs speed sensor from the diff pinion that would show wheelspeed on the rear wheels. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally want four wheel speeds.

Next best is a single non driven wheel speed and two driven speeds.

Next best is a single driven and non driven speeds. Depends on the type of diff. A single spinner or LSD really needs individual speeds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3 years is that a long wait? Maybe its because there is politics involved, since it takes THAT long, and it has been full with empty promises. ;-)

I miss the time when Ray was here. When there was something he sorted it ASAP. This is becomming a joke.

I have a person ready to buy my vi-pec, when I am ready, it will be sold and I will use a different brand. I just need to save up some more before I can do this.

3 years is that a long wait? Maybe its because there is politics involved, since it takes THAT long, and it has been full with empty promises. ;-)

I miss the time when Ray was here. When there was something he sorted it ASAP. This is becomming a joke.

I have a person ready to buy my vi-pec, when I am ready, it will be sold and I will use a different brand. I just need to save up some more before I can do this.

It saddens me , but I have to agree with you and I may have to do the same ! one of the main attractions for me was the traction control feature . The ECU is excellent at doing everything else and actually allowed me to take my motor to higher HP levels , but what good is it if I always end up off the road in a ditch when I hit the gas ? as someone once said ..... POWER IS USELESS WITHOUT CONTROL !!!!!

Guest Marcel B

Yes I tried it and I don't like it , plus its not easily changeable and I have uses for both my limiting tables , my rev limit is at 11500 RPms and high boost for me will be at 30 psi so oil and fuel pressure pressure are essential to safe guard my motor.I've also come up with an option , how about YOU guys run a special(special=ViPec subsidized) price group buy on RACELOGIC TC systems ! seems only fair since you did not deliver what was promised three years now :x

Yes I tried it and I don't like it , plus its not easily changeable and I have uses for both my limiting tables , my rev limit is at 11500 RPms and high boost for me will be at 30 psi so oil and fuel pressure pressure are essential to safe guard my motor.I've also come up with an option , how about YOU guys run a special(special=ViPec subsidized) price group buy on RACELOGIC TC systems ! seems only fair since you did not deliver what was promised three years now :x

SPOT ON!