Traction Control..

Guest |229|

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is also the next step. Problem were are being told same **** for three years now.

I dont know If you were here when vi-pec started out? Back when Ray was helping. If there were a problem, it was sorted! It has taken 3 years now. I am generally happy with my ECU, but have been waiting for traction control for 3 years. Promises promises. My solution is that I am building 4x4 on my car! ;-)

I have a person who want to buy my Vi-pec, and It will be sold. My plan was to buy a v88, but if things continue like this I have to select a different brand.

There are more than 2 people that have been waiting for TC for a long time...

I am rely satisfied with my v88, but i need TC to get my project car approved and on plates.

If there is no solution for TC, i might be forced to go to another brand.

It would be nice if someone from vi-pec can clarify when, if, and why.

"Vi-PEC is willing to listen to what the market wants and dedicated to giving customers excellent support"

if you are sick of waiting, why not sell up and use a different ECU?

Because I actually like the product very much ! I am very pleased with its performance , I did actually look at other brands but they all seem very inferior in comparison , especially at the price!

I was one of the first in QLD to purchase a V88 in 2008, if traction control was a dealbreaker I would have changed to another ECU years ago. But I am very happy with the way the vipecs in all my cars operate.

I was also in the first batch , mine is a beta unit ! Back then I had just sold my AUTRONIC SM2 (which DID heve TC , by the way !) and was looking for another ECU , my local dealer convinced me to come over to this brand , after seeing the specs it was an easy choice , but TC WAS listed ! I had already been using TC and I know the value of it (it saved me and my car a couple of times!) . If it was advertised and promised then it should be delivered otherwise ViPEC can be accused of WRONGFULL ADVERTISEING with the intention of suckering people into buying their product !!

There are more than 2 people that have been waiting for TC for a long time...

I am rely satisfied with my v88, but i need TC to get my project car approved and on plates.

If there is no solution for TC, i might be forced to go to another brand.

It would be nice if someone from vi-pec can clarify when, if, and why.

"Vi-PEC is willing to listen to what the market wants and dedicated to giving customers excellent support"

For this reason alone I think an effort should be made to satisfy the customers and not TARNISH a GREAT product with poor support and unthruths ! If there is actually a reason why TC is not available anymore it should be stated and as I suggested , something done to "compensate" owners for the past errors and to provide this very important feature, as I stated before why develop a product to help people make tons of power that they cannot control?

The most significant bit of info I could find from Link was Simon's post in this thread :

http://www.linkecu.com/forums/G4Forum/5 ... #913473576

Sounds to me RH may have been the main force behind implementing TC, thanks to his experience back from the Autronic days - the option does not appear in the Link software while it always has in the Vi-PEC interface, and the staff may now be pulling hair on this subject without his input... I so wish I was wrong though :)

I have to pull about 20 -30 degrees out before it can hold back the power when the wheels first start to slip, exhaust temp rises alot by doing that.. So If I use TC alot I get really high temps. It should cut fuel / ignition.

you could use both, so but the GP limit to do the fuel / ign cut and try to get the finer control with the ignition retard. I need to get my shit together and finally wire the front wheel speed sensor to test this stuff out :)

Thanks for all the feedback on the subject. We are aware that this is a feature that the market wants and that is currently missing from the Vi-PEC model range (apart from launch control or using %slip on a GP Limit table), however, based on feedback from dealers, it would also appear that this is not the highest priority.

Consequently, we do envisage that traction control will be added to the Vi-PEC model range in the future, although at this stage we do not have a planned release date.

Guest Marcel B

Because I totally expected a response like this from ViPEC I just went ahead and picked up a RACELOGIC unit ! at the end of it all my car is not going to wait till it gets TC to break loose !.....I have already had two off road excursions with it which cost me money.I guess it is in MY interest to do what I can NOW to protect MY investment, but I am very , very dissapointed and I will be sure to advise any future newcomer about the shortcomings of this product.

Thanks for all the feedback on the subject. We are aware that this is a feature that the market wants and that is currently missing from the Vi-PEC model range (apart from launch control or using %slip on a GP Limit table), however, based on feedback from dealers, it would also appear that this is not the highest priority.

Consequently, we do envisage that traction control will be added to the Vi-PEC model range in the future, although at this stage we do not have a planned release date.

I am confused :? Isnt the forum the place for you to speak directly to your customers ? When you look at this thread you immediately see that we the customers are desperately asking for this ! I would really like to know what those dealers are asking for instead :!:

Looking at the racelogic unit this looks to be a very good solution for those that need full traction control.

:roll: Thanks for you recommendation (sarcastic!) But I dont think it is fair that I had to put out an additional $800 (used unit) for something that was supposed to be included in the first place.

Hi guys.

The projects that are in the pipe line we don't publish in the public domain as this can assist our competitors by giving them notice of what is coming. Allowing them to then work on their own products to compete directly.

It can also create similar situations to traction control where a function or feature is announced but then does not make it to final release. Causing dissatisfaction amongst our customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Vi-pec are concerned about the dissatisfaction when it comes to the longtime promised release of full traction control, but on the other hand reluctant to complete and release the feature do to the fact that it is not what the “market†prefer prioritized..?

If Vi-pec really are concerned about the customer dissatisfaction when it comes to full traction control, maybe it’s an idea to give the feature higher priority..?

Sorry for the "bitching" but for som of us it was a big disapiontment when TC suddenly went from almost ready to release, to "will be added to the Vi-PEC model range in the future"

• 3 months later...

Hi BMW2002,

As for an update on Traction Control, i am unsure of where it is at.

Simon will be back next week, so he may have an update.

The new Firmware/Software is still in dealer testing stage.

ViPEC are on their Christmas/New Year break, so as for a release date,

I am unsure.

Public release will be dependant on the dealers feed back, as to whether or not there are any issues with it.

I have been testing with it and so far i am happy with the results.

ViPEC rely on our feed back to insure what is released to the public is fully functional, if there are any issues they can then rectify them before release.

Regards

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

It would be nice if Simon had some info about when / if Traction control is considered to be added as a feature.

I have started to consider to swap my v88 for an European brand ECU,

as this product look promising and one of the interesting features they are working on is TC.

I really like my v88, but to me it seems like further development of Vi-pec / Link has stagnated.

(this is just my private opinion)

Yes externally things have been slower of late in terms of firmware being released. However internally things are moving along faster than they have ever been.

Firmware is only one part of the ECU business. The firmware is still and will always continue in development along with other areas.

There have been a number of new plugins and a v88 spec topboard released this year just gone, This included applications for Snowmobiles and Jetskis requiring some heavy development.

Time lines of when and what is being developed will always be kept close and will only be announced when we are totally happy and release is guaranteed.

Simon,you mention that TC is in your opinion, not a priority because, and I think I understand your reply above fully , there are more urgent priorities from dealers/ installers ?

I find your statement rather surprising as I have only seen a 5 page TC topic from persons asking for TC to be incorporated.

Have I missed or not seen other 1.2.3.4.or 5 page topics requesting other features besides TC ?

Come on guys, I know I bought mine due to the fact that it is probably the top dog management system out there.

TC would be most appreciated. Really ! Seriously !!