Traction Control..

Guest |229|

Hi all , I was chatting on the RACELOGIC forum about setting up the unit and was told the following ,

"So Link G4 with a blue sticker

I am very familiar with them, you have no control over the fact that it goes 1 then 2 on primaries alone or 1 & 3 then 2 & 4.

The trick is in the X and ticks in the race logic software (you will see this when you get it) and what you need to do is recognize that the RL only goes in sequential order 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 and so on.... you need to rotate your injector cuts in severity and also understand that any two rotor ECU will batch fire 1 & 3 + 2 & 4 (Primary and Secondary) to get the injection volume you need.

If you use the stock RL cut patterns you will get higher knock levels and not as smooth a cut.

I set up these a long time ago and supplied the mapping to one forum who did a group buy on RL TC units many years ago.

It becomes even more important when you are running BIG differences of Primary to Secondary injectors because you can have a lean fire condition on the cylinder rotation cut patterns, if you have all four injectors the same size then its less of an issue.

Free advice for you. "

Is there any thruth to this ? if there is I may need help in setting up this unit , the thread and software can be found here , http://www.racelogic.co.uk/Forum/showth ... patability

Thanks all

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the basics of that is that you ahve to be sure to cut the Primary and secondary injectors for a rotor at the same time.

If you only cut one it will of course give a very lean condition.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It is likely that a stand alone traction control feature will be released on the i-series ECUs. I can not promise you any dates on this. If you would like to be involved in pre-released testing please send me a private message and when it is close to being released I will be in touch.

Cheers,

Scott.

• 3 weeks later...

To an extent yes.

It is just not possible to continue to add features for ever.

We have pushed the V series Micro to the maximum that was able to be achieved.

There will always be a time in a products life that development stops and the next generation is introduced.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to read this. I understand that new features will no longer be implemented into an older model ECU because time and technology does move forward. However, I am rather disappointed to see that a feature which was part of the deal when we bought the V88 (and have waited patiently for all these years), is now being scrapped altogether.

Will ViPEC be offering customers with a V88 any special sort of deal to upgrade to the newer series? After all, we have paid for something which was never completely delivered. Will the i88 plug straight onto the connectors which are used for the V88 now? In other words, if I invest in a new model i88, will I also need to completely rewire everything? Or will it plug straight in and have all the same connections?

Dave is spot on the pinout is identical and the maps can be transferred over also.

As the manufacture we are not able to offer upgrades however I suspect a number of dealers would consider offering a trade in deal.

Also note that traction control is not in the i series either.

I would consider upgrading if the I series had traction control without it there is no point to upgrade . so I`ll be waiting for when it does

if and when this happens its best to sell the v88 privately than trade in you'd lose too much .

• 4 months later...

can someone please clarify the difference of the speed inputs

what is the difference between speed, ground speed, drive speed, input and output shaft speed ?

which ones are what so i can set them up for the traction control

regards

stef

Hi stef,

For vehicle speed you are going to want to assign a digital input to the 'speed' function. The other ones are for when you have multiple speed sources coming in and need to make a differentiation.

scott

Hi Stef,

You can have one DI on Ground speed left and another on Ground speed right, both of these speeds will be visible in PCLink.

The % Slip is designed to display slip between driven and non-driven wheels, but as you specify the DI channel upon which the driven and non driven wheels are you could trick the ECU.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone using dbw control from slip % for traction control on the V88 ?

I'm pondering the idea of using a dbw tb in series with the normal tb.

Would set dbw tb to be normally 100% open unless slip is detected in which would result in the open % being reduced to control slip.

This would allow the engine to be controlled as standard by the normal tb under non slip driving and under hard acceleration when slip is detected the dbw tb can be reduced to control slip whilst the driver can keep the throttle wide open.

Interested to hear experiences or thoughts on dbw slip % traction control.

• 1 month later...