IC Spray won't duty cycle

ROB-80E

Hi guys, can you check these settings for me please?

I have an Evo9 G4+ w/Ethrottle and I was just doing some static testing of the IC spray function, and it won't cycle the pump on and off in AUTO.  Everything else I've been able to get to mimic the factory setup, however it seems like the duty cycle setting of IC Spray isn't applying.  What am I doing wrong?  Cheers!

I've attached a pic showing that the input/output conditions are being met, but the pump drives 100% of the time (just like holding down the manual switch) instead of 1.5 sec ON, 1.5 sec off. P.S. my normal setting would be a 6 sec period.

IC Spray settings.jpg

The IC spray status will just show "on" all the time that the activation conditions have been met, the on/off duty cycle actually gets applied to the output afterwards.  So it will work if Inj 7 is set to IC spray, but is not going to work with a virtual aux status.   

Thanks Adam, I thought that might be the case. :(

Any tricks for how I can setup injector drive 7 to accept the IC Spray output as well as a manual 100% duty cycle?

The best option I can come up with is below.

Forget about the IC spray function, we will instead use a GP timer to achieve the same thing.  So set up VA 1, 2 & 8 like below, your Inj 7, Ign 8 & DI2/DI7 setup will all remain the same as they are above.

The "Timer 1 >" setting on VA2 is the "on time", the "timer 1>" setting on VA8 is the "period".  So examplle below has 3 second period and 50%DC (1.5sec).

02LvPUT.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adam,

Just thought i'd let you know that your solution has worked for me.  I have made a couple of tweaks, but ultimately, I got the desired outcome.  So a big thank you.  This is what I went with in the end.  I'll do some testing with timers and triggers, but yeah, it's all easy to change from here on in.

Cheers

Rob.

IC Spray settings_2.jpg