Powertune dash - fuel level

LoganW

Hello

I have just installed a powertune digital dash into my car, and i am wanting to be able to view the fuel level on it.

The car is running a evo 1-3 plug and play g4+

Dash is connected to can output 2, with generic dash.

My issue is getting AN volt 4 to show on the dash as my fuel level. 

Anything obvious i could be missing?

There are a couple of ways we can do it.  So if you discuss with them what is easier then I will help you set up the ecu side and can give you any info you may need to pass on to them.

1. Option 1 would be to modify the "generic dash stream" that they currently already support but just swap out one of the channels that is not commonly used.  Say for instance secondary injection duty cycle which is a 0-100% channel could be swapped to fuel level.  This would basically just require them to "re-label" the channel on their end.
  2. Option 2 would be to stick with the generic dash stream as it is, but add a second message on a different ID with fuel level channel in it.  Say ID 1000 is the full generic dash stream, then ID 1100 we just send fuel level.
  3. Option 3 would be to start from scratch with a completely custom message that just has the stuff you want. 
  4. Option 4 may be to duplicate another brand ECU stream such as maybe Haltech or AEM if any of them already have fuel level and all the other channels you want.  The limitation here is we can only have 6 CAN IDs for custom messages, which may not get you all the channels you want.