Jump to content
Rozsko

Couple of things on WRX107X

Recommended Posts

On 7/3/2020 at 10:45 PM, Adamw said:

You need to calibrate the gear ratios.  Instructions are in the help file.

Ok, so right now I am bit nervous and confused too.

Tried to do the calibration, but no luck. Tried it like 20 times or more and I just can't get it to calibrate. It always displays error-try again. Tried it in all gears, flat road, up hill, doesn't matter.

So I thought to do the manual table entry, but that is confusing. The help says the table contains RPM/speed in Hz, but it also says we can use the the gear ratio calc runtime value, which is RPM/speed in kph.

Did some sample calculation and obviously these end up with quite different result. So can you let me know which one should be actually used?

I am also confused by the statement that the values in the table are divided by the gear that is specified as 1:1, but when user defined is selected in the setup, this 1:1 gear selection is not displayed. So should I divide all the values I calculate with 5 and store it like that in the table?

As always, thanks for the help with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

go for a short drive while logging the gear ratio calc runtime value, when you look at your log you should see 5 (or 6) defined steps in that runtime, highest step value is gear 1, lowest is your top gear, set the gear detection type to user defined and enter those values into your table. I'll fix that bit of help up and do some more investigation of the software.

Think it can get a bit confused if the values in the table aren't consistently getting smaller from right to left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

go for a short drive while logging the gear ratio calc runtime value, when you look at your log you should see 5 (or 6) defined steps in that runtime, highest step value is gear 1, lowest is your top gear, set the gear detection type to user defined and enter those values into your table. I'll fix that bit of help up and do some more investigation of the software.

Think it can get a bit confused if the values in the table aren't consistently getting smaller from right to left.

Thanks @Vaughan. I already have that log, I just wasn't sure if I really need to use the logged gear ratio calc value or I need to manually calculate them with the Hz values of the speed input.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMooP4vHvlmpIRD7Tg

One more thing just to confirm, for the 5th gear, should I enter 1 as it is in the default map or should I use the logged 28.6 value and I don't need to divide the values by 5 right?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just FYI - in an older post, I saw Adam suggesting to jack up the car and do the calibration like that, so I thought I give it a try before putting in the manual values.

Well, it didn't work out. Same result with the error - try again message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rozsko said:

just FYI - in an older post, I saw Adam suggesting to jack up the car and do the calibration like that, so I thought I give it a try before putting in the manual values.

Well, it didn't work out. Same result with the error - try again message.

You've got normalise ratio turned off when doing the calibration right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Adamw said:

You've got normalise ratio turned off when doing the calibration right?

nope. The help didn't say anything like that. So is that the way to go?

An other thing I realized the other day that I can't display the GP Rotary switch inputs in the log display. I can only display the Analog input itself that shows voltage but not the logical values of the switch. These parameters are displayed in the Parameters window of PCLink.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rozsko said:

nope. The help didn't say anything like that. So is that the way to go?

I have never used the normalise feature, but in my mind if you are telling the ecu to normalise to say 5th gear then you cant calibrate any other gear until it knows what the total 5th ratio is (including final drive).   But if you just do it from the log like Vaughan explained I would expect it to work fine.

 

2 hours ago, Rozsko said:

An other thing I realized the other day that I can't display the GP Rotary switch inputs in the log display.

Yep you're right, they've got something linked up there wrong by the looks, I will pass that on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adamw said:

I have never used the normalise feature, but in my mind if you are telling the ecu to normalise to say 5th gear then you cant calibrate any other gear until it knows what the total 5th ratio is (including final drive).   But if you just do it from the log like Vaughan explained I would expect it to work fine.

Ok, thanks Adam. I already put in manually the values, but I like to play, so will try again the calibration with normalization OFF.

The gears seem to be calculating well most of the times though, except at downshifts. Not sure why that is and why that is not happening all the time.

Screenshot: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMoxrGLhAy5MyofcOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

The gears seem to be calculating well most of the times thought, except at downshifts. Not sure why that is and why that is not happening all time.

When the clutch is disengaged there is no longer a fixed relationship between RPM & speed, so the gear cant be calculated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Rozsko said:

An other thing I realized the other day that I can't display the GP Rotary switch inputs in the log display. I can only display the Analog input itself that shows voltage but not the logical values of the switch. These parameters are displayed in the Parameters window of PCLink.

Vaughan just pointed out to me that it is probably not showing up in logging because it is a new parameter that you havent added to your logging list.  So go to PC logging setup and hit "Add all" again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Adamw said:

Vaughan just pointed out to me that it is probably not showing up in logging because it is a new parameter that you havent added to your logging list.  So go to PC logging setup and hit "Add all" again.

Spot on. Thanks for the hint.

On 7/10/2020 at 11:23 AM, Adamw said:

I have never used the normalise feature, but in my mind if you are telling the ecu to normalise to say 5th gear then you cant calibrate any other gear until it knows what the total 5th ratio is (including final drive). 

Tried calibrating again with normalization OFF. No luck. Still getting the error-try again message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have any luck trying to do a gear calibration. The driven and non driven speeds were showing correctly. However, after looking through a short log that contained driving in all 5 gears, and manually entering the values in the log into the gear ratio table, my gear detection has been absolutely spot on since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Confused said:

I didn't have any luck trying to do a gear calibration. The driven and non driven speeds were showing correctly. However, after looking through a short log that contained driving in all 5 gears, and manually entering the values in the log into the gear ratio table, my gear detection has been absolutely spot on since.

That's what I ended up with too. Just was curious if I can make the calibration work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now in the process of wiring up some switches to the ECU. While I was checking the pinouts, I realiezd that ANV12, AUX14/15/16 are not shown on the pinout diagram.

Am I missing something obvious here or is that really the case for some reason?

Thanks,

Béla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not all pins on the ECU are exposed, most vehicles only need a small subset to perform all the factory operations and more. On the WRX107+  An Volt 12 and Aux14-16 are not exposed but if you need more pins than you have exposed we can add a connection to these pins (read soldering on some flying leads). Typically this is a send back to have the servicing guy do this kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've also just increased the range in which the gear ratio is considered stable so the automatic calibration of gear ratio should work better in the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 11:36 PM, Vaughan said:

Not all pins on the ECU are exposed, most vehicles only need a small subset to perform all the factory operations and more. On the WRX107+  An Volt 12 and Aux14-16 are not exposed but if you need more pins than you have exposed we can add a connection to these pins (read soldering on some flying leads). Typically this is a send back to have the servicing guy do this kind of thing.

Thanks Vaughan. Right now I am good, who know what the future brings.

Yesterday night I spent couple of hours on the highway doing WOT pulls to dial in the EBCS, and towards the end I realized I have the following fault code:

ECU Fault Code 84: Aux9/10 E-Throttle 1 IC Over Temperature / Under Voltage

Since then I did not start the car, but I am wondering if this is something I should worry about.

Thanks

Béla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rozsko said:

ECU Fault Code 84: Aux9/10 E-Throttle 1 IC Over Temperature / Under Voltage

Since then I did not start the car, but I am wondering if this is something I should worry about.

I think we would really need to see a log to see whats causing that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adamw said:

I think we would really need to see a log to see whats causing that.  

Thanks Adam. I uploaded the logs I have form yesterday and the tune as well, although the tune is already updated from certain aspects.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMpoQ_evmXywo-HW9w?e=PVcZfx

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That error is not showing in any of your logs, so it must have happened later.  I dont see any obvious reason for it, E-throttle duty cycle looks pretty low in all of these logs so it shouldnt be getting hot.

We did have a problem in early firmware that we thought we had prevented from happening - this would raise the error flag during power down as the E-throttle IC loses power first.  So possibly this can still occur under certain conditions.  

Can you clear the code and make a point of checking the the CE light is off before turning ign off each time you drive.  Then if CE light is flashing on your next start up we can conclude it is still happening on power down and will take a closer look at our last fix.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you guys. The error did not come back yet, but it won't come back in the near future either as I just blew up my turbo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, my turbo is done and I am reviewing the latest logfiles to figure out what mistakes I made if any.

One thing I figured, that my knock trim tables had inconsistent axes setup. #1 TPS and RPM, the other 3 had MAP and RPM.

If you check the screenshot on the below link, you can see there was some misfire due to over retarding of ignition due to 5 degrees of trim. Initially I thought it was due to the knock trim tables, but I think it is more due to the Limit Ignition Trim parameter which should be set when a limit is active. On the other hand, there is no active limit during that time period (MAP, Speed, GP, etc.). Do you have any suggestion where that is coming from?

screenshot: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMtYP357jH81Zrl5qg

log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMsJ_3rw80Z6DRXUTw?e=5WToXO

Thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...