Trigger issues LS1

DobromirBG87

Hi guys,

I am having issues starting my ls1 with link g4+ atom and I cannot figure out what is going on. Sensors are wired correctly and when hit f12 it shows signal but won't sync so I guess until it syncs I won't be able to fire it up ? Trigger setup is ls1 3-12 which was the setup anoter engine before this ine used to work with but this one just refuse to start...I think they are hall sensors and provided sensors with 12v.

2 hours ago, DobromirBG87 said:

I am ashamed to say that but the car was out of fuel...put 15ltr in the tank started right away.

No that wasnt it.  The log you attached earlier shows no RPM when cranking, so the ECU is not happy with the trigger signal it was receiving.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

back to the drawing board.. i blew the LS1 and put in new LS1 with LS3 crank and new Link Xtreme ECU and now i cannot start it. I think LS3 have 60-2 trigger wheel but not sure about the cam. All is the same like wiring and sensors. Strangely enough when i try to see scope reading it is only straight line both trigger one and 2. Did someone came across such issue ?

Do you have the matching 58X sensors fitted (grey plug)?

The cam and crank sensors on the LS3 58X engines are 5V where as the common LS1 24X sensors were 8-12V.  The cam sensor pinout is also reversed on the 58X engines.  

Pinouts are in the help file section: Wiring Information > Input Signal Wiring > Trigger Inputs > Specific Trigger Applications > GM LS...

The scope shows flat lines because this is what it is receiving from the cam and crank sensors - nothing. 

You probably have no trigger 1 signal because you have the wrong sensor.  If your crank shaft has the 58X trigger wheel on it then you will need the matching 58X sensor, the 24X sensor will only work with the old double row 24T wheels.  The 58X sensor are all grey plastic as far as I know.  The 24X sensors are black plastic.

You probably have no trigger 2 signal because you have either the wrong sensor or you havent changed the wiring to match the different pinout.  

Hi Adamw,

I am a bit confused. So no chance to read the 58x with the ls1 24x crank sensor ? Aren't they both hall effect ? I mean only with changing the trigger settings won't make difference ? I guess I neex to take crank sensor from ls3 then. The cam is ls1 layout so I guess the sensor will be correct.

The LS1 (24X) uses two trigger wheels stacked side by side with two different tooth patterns on each.  The 24X sensor is basically two sensors side by side in the same body that combines the signals from the two wheels into a single output.   It will not work with the 58X wheel which is just a single row wheel and requires a single row sensor.

yS0CinX.png