Kurofune questions

f31roger

Hello,

My name is Roger. I am deciding if the Kurofune would be a good ecu to work with the older HKS items.

1991 Infiniti M30

• forged rb25det
  • R35 coil packs
  • Tomei MX8265 turbo
  • 750cc injectors.
  • OEM F31 Nissan Leopard digital gauge cluster ( does that matter?)
  • Dakota Digital SGI 5C (for manual transmission conversion)

I wanted to know if having the old school HKS stuff would be okay? 

I have the:

• electronic Valve controller
  • Scramble boost controller
  • turbo timer

What about the actually piggy backs?

• Graphic Computer controller
  • Vein pressure converter
  • Additional injector controller

I know they are older tech, I just wanted to see if they can be used with the Kurofune in more of a monitoring system. 

Thank you for your time and information.

Roger

F31club.com

hks1.jpg

124275c.jpg

The Vein pressure converter is used bypass the airflow meter and convert to speed density (MAP sensor), the graphic control computer is used to "tune" that new VPC signal at different RPM/load points as the OEM ecu could not be tuned in anyway.   You could still have them connected up so they light up etc but you wouldnt want them set up in a way that they could manipulate any signals that the ECU used.  In otherwords, for show only.

Neither of these are needed as the Kurofune doesnot use the air flow meter, it works natively in speed density mode and since every single part of it is accessible to the end user and tuneable there is no need for the GCC.

The "Electronic valve controller" is an electronic boost control device, and the scramble boost controller was just used to give you a short blast of higher boost for a fixed time when you pushed the button.  You can still use these if you wish, but the ECU has all this functionality built in as well as things like boost by gear or speed or throttle position etc and will do a far better job of it.