Integrated MAP sensor not reading properly?

Chris Glagola

I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the integrated 4 bar MAP sensors? Using the plug and play Galant VR4 ecu. The MAP calibration says that its successful and working but when the car is running at idle it reads around 8-10 psi on the ecu vs 14-16 inHg on the boost gauge. Then when I try to do a pull in 3rd, it will read 38psi+ when the car is only making around 20 psi on the boost gauge.

I think this is what is causing me to hit a fuel cut at 5k rpm because the boost table is setup for fuel cut. Wastegate duty cycle is set to 0% as well. At this point I'm not sure what else is causing me this issue.

The pull starts in the 19 minute and 20 second range on the log file.

Thank you

Laser Hx40 3rd gear pull.llg

I think you are confusing gauge pressure with Absolute pressure.  The acronym MAP stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure.  A boost gauge as the name suggests reads in "Gauge pressure".  If you look at the parameter "MGP" (manifold gauge pressure) in the ecu it should match your gauge resonably well.  Most boost gauges are very poor accuracy and have lots of damping so it wont be perfect but it will be similar.

In your log you are idling with a MGP of about -42kpa which is about -12.5inHg so that seems close to what your boost gauge reports.  38psi MAP - 14.5psi atmospheric pressure is about 23.5psi MGP, so again that is close to what your gauge displays (I would trust the ECU over the gauge). 

Your limiter coming in at about 5200RPM is the launch control limiter.

Tried messing with settings and it continued to prevent me from revving farther than 5k. Ended up turning launch control completely off and the car revved out. I was not prepared for that and was caught by surprise LOL. Now I just need to get a good calibration table for my wideband to read correctly on the ecu.