Engine died while running

7thSaint

hi all, i was running the car this morning when the engine suddenly died and pclink was disconnected. Checked all lights worked, fuel pump worked,  the engine cranked fine but would not start. I could not connect my laptop to the ecu as well. 

After cranking the green light & blue light on the ecu are blinking even though i removed the key. 

Any thoughts?

Lights should stay on a short while after turning the key off as the JZX100 has ECU Hold Power (For the idle stepper motor). Does the ECU stay on indefinitely or does it turn off after about 10 seconds? if indefinitely try unplugging it and plugging it back in to power cycle it.

Hi Vaughan,

Both blue and green lights were blinking indefinitely even after 30minutes. It blinks 3 times then a pause followed by another 3 times. Power cycling the ecu by unplugging the main socket only stopped the lights. Still unable to connect the laptop afterwards. The laptop could only detect the connection with the setting - COM8 & Auto (max 625k). Other connection settings did not work. 

IMG-20200614-WA0070.thumb.jpg.c6a90f405723b68156c0ca58d72051f8.jpg

Removing the key did not stop the light

Its JZXLINK G4+ and yes its fitted in Altezza. The car had a JZX100 swap back in 2009 and  was running on stock ecu since. A month ago i installed the JZXLINK and it was running fine without a hitch. No error code at all before it happened.

I think it is possibly fault code 30 that the green led is flashing.  A bit weird as that is AN Volt 7 is on the ethrottle connector which looks like you have nothing connected.  The blue LED on the bottom board is just the dash comms so that is irrelevant.  

I suggest to eliminate the possibility of a wiring issue is to pull the ecu out of the car and power it up on the bench.  See if the laptop connects then.

See this thread for an easy way to power it up: 

Done the test at ST Wangan where i bought the JZXLINK & they could connect to their laptop... will test on my laptop later after i reconnect the ecu back home... if the problem persists i will uninstall & reinstall pclink together with the usb driver & see how it goes from there... will keep u guys posted on the development... 

Thanks again guys... u r the greatest...

Hi Adam,

Finally i could connect with the ecu but only when the ecu hold power on after i removed the key. When i turn the ke to 'ON' position it gets disconnected. 

Any ideas? 

The following thread may have some relation to it...

Ok so that means the ECU is switching the main relay on correctly.  So since it has +12V on the correct pin, it must be a bad ground that is preventing it from powering up.

I am not sure which pin/s are the main grounds, but you could try connecting pin 18 directly to ground with a small jumper wire or similar and see if the ECU then connects.

Thanks Adam.

I haven't had the time to test that yet.

However, pin 18 seems to be the main ground as its listed as the ground pin in all manuals that i came across.

In that case, could u list down all ground pins so I can test all of them individually, in case its not pin 18?