Rich dip in lambda at the end of a wot pull

Rozsko

Hey Guys,

The other day I did a wot pull in 3rd grear to see how far off the fuel is, and while it was considerably off in the mid range of RPM, I could see that why.

On the other hand roughly 350rpm before the limiter becomes active the lambda value goes down progressively to ~0.78 for no (at least to me) obvious reason.

The MAP is pretty much constant, just like the injector pw, so I am really struggling to understand what's going on.

Do you have any idea what I should look at? (I thought maybe an ignition cut of some sort, but even the timing is pretty much constant in that zone)

Thanks,

Béla

image.thumb.png.b867ac3efaa9a339ab632c9d6d5d2f9d.png

1 minute ago, Rossobianconero said:

did the car never do this before? could be that just need some tuning.

post a log and the ecu file to have a look. 

well. with this G4X plugin, this was the first pull I did, and for sure it requires a little more tuning :) , but since the MAP and the RPM is pretty much the same, or at least there is very little change in them, I can't think of anything to change. TPS is 100%, MAP is about 180kpa, RPM is between 6600 and 7000, injector pw is constant.

Anyhow, thanks a lot and here is the current map and the log. Initially I did not attach as the log is much bigger then the max size up-loadable.

log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMliznkSsVYslxlLGg?e=xWhA3B

2020.06.16 - knock table gains.pclx

7 hours ago, Rozsko said:

well. with this G4X plugin, this was the first pull I did, and for sure it requires a little more tuning :) , but since the MAP and the RPM is pretty much the same, or at least there is very little change in them, I can't think of anything to change. TPS is 100%, MAP is about 180kpa, RPM is between 6600 and 7000, injector pw is constant.

Anyhow, thanks a lot and here is the current map and the log. Initially I did not attach as the log is much bigger then the max size up-loadable.

log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMliznkSsVYslxlLGg?e=xWhA3B

2020.06.16 - knock table gains.pclx 370.32 kB · 1 download

there you have it, like Adamw said, it just need more tuning. Usually you need to take quite a lot of fuel at higher rpm because like Adamw said, the efficiency of the engine drop (maybe no so much in a high na revving engine)

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

VE will usually drop away pretty quick after peak torque, so your VE table having the same number from basically 4500-9000RPM is not realistic.  

Ok, so I was aware of VE dropping off at the end of the RPM range, but I didn't think it is that much. I mean we are talking about ~20% decrease in VE from one cell to the other.

1 hour ago, Ducie54 said:

Plus your Emap will be higher.

And this is really the solution (well, it is a mixture of both the VE and EMAP ovisouly). Since I don't want to bother the neighbors, I have the silencer in the Tomei all the time.

After removing it and doing an other run, there was almost no VE decrease at 7kRPM and it started to taper off much more gradually after that till 8k.

So thanks for all the inputs, I think I am on the right track now.