Migration from Storm to Storm X

George GEP

i have got new Storm x, migrating tune from old Storm.

i selected parameters one by one probably nothing missing 

but strange issue is that nothing works, no input no output no reaction on ecu side.

in run time values i see no reaction from TPS, MAP etc wiring

is there something different in X than in older ecus?

is pinout different on X? 

here are both files

on this forum i can not attache more than 0.01MB file so i uploaded it to wetransfer.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/c186ef3a2db173865847d11418d60cc620200626060754/20466762d31dfe4024aec78dfdba67c620200626060807/6a9a40

please check and tell me what am i missing

what a dumb forum i can not post small screenshot

why is it limited so much in size? 10kb? seriously? :))

anyways i have all sensors disconnected and i see 4.02V in analog inputs on ANv2 and i see 3.3 / 3.8 Volts on TEMP1 TEMP2  when everything is disconnected OR connected.

nothing is changing

and none of other parameters react such as MAP, trigger or something.

5volt out from ecu does weird thing, sometimes it gives ot 5v sometimes 10v sometimes 2v.

is that normal?

55 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Then can you attach a copy of tune again, saved after the firmware update.

Can you attach the new file please.  There were some weird voltages reported in that last tune, I want to see if those have changed.   

1 minute ago, George GEP said:

why is it limited so much in size? 10kb? seriously? :))

We give each member a decent allowance, you have used your allowance up in other posts.  You can use google drive or onedrive or a picture host to share files and pictures

3 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Can you remove from car and power it up on the bench with only 12V connected to Pin A5 and Gnd connected to A34.  

will do, and? what to look for

did bench 12v and gnd on table

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8718f918f45cfada2ed162576a0475c920200626082405/e5bd64f5b7ac99013250cea2aacc75ee20200626082420/7d0101

here is file and log

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Can you remove from car and power it up on the bench with only 12V connected to Pin A5 and Gnd connected to A34.  

did bench 12v and gnd on table

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8718f918f45cfada2ed162576a0475c920200626082405/e5bd64f5b7ac99013250cea2aacc75ee20200626082420/7d0101

here is file and log

Ok, in that latest map, all your errors have gone away, None of the aux outputs are in fault, The AN Volt channels are all reading zero and the temps are all reading 5V (pulled up).

So if it all works correctly on the bench, but everything turns to crap when connected to the car then it suggests there is a wiring problem in the car somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Ok, in that latest map, all your errors have gone away, None of the aux outputs are in fault, The AN Volt channels are all reading zero and the temps are all reading 5V (pulled up).

So if it all works correctly on the bench, but everything turns to crap when connected to the car then it suggests there is a wiring problem in the car somewhere.

investigating wiring side now, thanks will report

Aux4 goes to fault as soon as im trying to activate it or test it

does not matter what function will i add to it it says fault immediately as soon as im trying to activate.

i removed pin completely from aux4 and tried..

still fault

other aux pins work fine

what to look for?

11 hours ago, George GEP said:

Aux4 goes to fault as soon as im trying to activate it or test it

does not matter what function will i add to it it says fault immediately as soon as im trying to activate.

i removed pin completely from aux4 and tried..

still fault

other aux pins work fine

what to look for?

What wiring problem did you find?  Was it related to aux 4?  It sounds like possibly aux 4 is fried?  They are over current protected so usually the only way you can damage them is by feeding 12V directly in to one when the output is activated.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:24 AM, Adamw said:

What wiring problem did you find?  Was it related to aux 4?  It sounds like possibly aux 4 is fried?  They are over current protected so usually the only way you can damage them is by feeding 12V directly in to one when the output is activated.

wiring issue was that main 4 ground pins were attached to painted surface on a car where ecu was not getting ground so ecu was powered up from somewhere else but nothing worked

also fuel pump which was on Aux4 wired through relay  was not connected to ecu as well. not sure was it fed from trigger wheels or somewhere else. 

but once ground wires attached properly ecu started working fine but issue with failing Aux4 status. 

any thoughts?