G4X PCLink 6.17.22

TechDave

Has been released!

Some key functions I'm dead keen on:

• Traction Control and Torque Management.
  • More GP Tables Boost Control pressure source selection
  • MAP Sync
  • Fixed the file path directory thing so it's like G4+ again
  • Faster connection speed and faster navigation inside PCLink
  • GP Output On Delay (I'll make a post soon on why this is cool)

Download Here

Release Notes

You can usually just install the new PC with all the default locations set and it will overwrite the older version.  If you have made a custom layout but not renamed it (ie. its still called "DefaultLayout.llfx) then make a back up copy of that before installing as the new default will overwrite it.  The new version has much nicer default layouts anyhow.

When you have the new PC link installed then connect to your ecu and update firmware if you wish.

Thanks very much for the new version!

Just did a quick check on overall speed improvements and it seems the initial connection "freeze" is much much better.

And I really like the new 1080p layout.

Also wanted to ask what was the actual vvt issue you fixed for Subaru and what was the calibration issue for AEM-X wideband (I used that with no issue so far).

Finally I think there is a little glitch with the shortcut keys. When I am typing (trying to) dwell or gear in the parameter list or in the ecu settings, key D invokes the log download function instead of typing in the letter and it's the same with key E which brings up the event log side window.

Thanks,

Bélla

11 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

Also wanted to ask what was the actual vvt issue you fixed for Subaru

im not 100% sure what this means, but there is a note in our system that reads something like "Flipped WRX10 inputs & outputs around to match bank numbers", So it was possibly just they had it set up with bank 1 on the wrong side of the engine.

16 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

what was the calibration issue for AEM-X wideband (I used that with no issue so far).

The built-in analog cal table for the AEM was wrong, if yours is connected via CAN it wouldnt have an affect.  If yours is connected by analog input then the ecu would have displayed lambda a bit leaner than actual at the rich end of the scale. 

24 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

Finally I think there is a little glitch with the shortcut keys. When I am typing (trying to) dwell or gear in the parameter list or in the ecu settings, key D invokes the log download function instead of typing in the letter and it's the same with key E which brings up the event log side window.

Thanks for that.  I will get it reported.  The firmware engineer was nervous about breaking something there, apparently there where huge changes to the way those lists work to speed up the connection and search.  I dont personally use the ecu settings search much, but tested it over a couple of weeks of day to day use and never stumbled on to this issue.  I obviously didnt try every letter of the alphabet...

9 minutes ago, Adamw said:

im not 100% sure what this means, but there is a note in our system that reads something like "Flipped WRX10 inputs & outputs around to match bank numbers", So it was possibly just they had it set up with bank 1 on the wrong side of the engine.

44 minutes ago, Rozsko said:

Also wanted to ask what was the actual vvt issue you fixed for Subaru

It was on the 2.5L engine only, the cam wouldn't swing it's full length.

3 hours ago, ReDRuM said:

Strangely , I loaded this and I was only able to find firmware for 6.17.8 .

I uninstalled the whole thing , and again got the same result

My new laptop hates me

That looks to be correct for me. PC Link Version: 6.17.22 Firmware Version:6.17.8

21 hours ago, ReDRuM said:

Strangely , I loaded this and I was only able to find firmware for 6.17.8 .

I uninstalled the whole thing , and again got the same result

My new laptop hates me

The release is named after PCLink, which is 6.17.22, the firmware in release 6.17.22 is 6.17.8

Today I realized something is not right around the Aux and GP outputs.

When I assign an aux output to a GP output, the only option that becomes available is the test. None of the other fields/parameters (like delays) become visible.

First I thought it might be something special about the injector outputs (as I want to ground the AEM wideband through that), but then I realized if I change the port on an already enabled GP output, then I still see all the parameters available.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the new release?

Thanks,

Béla

5 hours ago, Rozsko said:

When I assign an aux output to a GP output, the only option that becomes available is the test. None of the other fields/parameters (like delays) become visible.

It seems to work ok for me.  Are you doing this online or offline?  If offline, is the map you are working with from an ecu with the latest firmware?

On 7/4/2020 at 11:35 PM, Adamw said:

It seems to work ok for me.  Are you doing this online or offline?  If offline, is the map you are working with from an ecu with the latest firmware?

I am not sure what it was. Maybe something along those lines. I viewed these settings offline originally, so I went and connected to the ecu and all was good. But after that I specifically opened offline the oldest map I had and all was good. Interestingly I did not even have to assign a pin to see all the expected parameters. They are displayed by default.

8 hours ago, Rozsko said:

I am not sure what it was. Maybe something along those lines. I viewed these settings offline originally, so I went and connected to the ecu and all was good. But after that I specifically opened offline the oldest map I had and all was good. Interestingly I did not even have to assign a pin to see all the expected parameters. They are displayed by default.

Just for curiosity, I opened the most recent map again to see how the GP outputs look like. Guess what. The unused ones are bad again (offline).

Screenshot: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMoPDuzFkeVInKWFsA

So just started PCLink and opened the latest map.

map: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ale4oyMCOgLThMoQu0rweWwRYs3-ew?e=xCZTta

13 hours ago, Vaughan said:

GP Outputs and GP PWM Outputs don't display the rest of the settings until an output is selected. Do you have a screenshot of a GP Output with an output set but no settings showing?

just checked again and yeah, that seems to be right. Though I swear yesterday I checked it was showing all options for all GP outputs without assigning a pin.

Thank you

It seems that in the new version when I hit save log (not save as) it doesn't default the file name to "log-date-time". Is there some setting that controls this or was this changed intentionally?

Thanks,

Béla

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 8:47 AM, Rozsko said:

It seems that in the new version when I hit save log (not save as) it doesn't default the file name to "log-date-time". Is there some setting that controls this or was this changed intentionally?

This will be fixed in the next release