Help with boost control

SimonSTI

I've done a lot of reading and spent a few hours in the car doing some tests. Followed the guideline in the help file. Looking for ideas to help stabilize boost, currently chasing my tail.

Can't seem to get the PID correct. Even with low number like P=0.2, D=0.1 it still overshoot at first then I have a few oscillation. With higher WGDC and P=1 and D=0.8 I had major oscillation from 15psi to 20psi.

It's an EWG with base boost target of 200kpa/15psi. Testing at 220 for safety, end target would be 230. G25-660 on a destroke 2.35 with 9.3 compression ratio, spool pretty fast.

Activating stage 2+3 end up doing some oscillation when stage 3 kicks in with only 0.1 for I value. Looks like stage 2 only works better or I didn't figure how to set it up properly.

Reducing the WGDC at about 10-20% under the real target seems to help.

Attaching a log with my latest setting (goes with Boost setup.png, P=0.6 and D=0.5).

Also attaching another test I did with slighly higher WGDC and lower value on the PID.

Boost setup.png

Boost Control.png

ECU Log 2020-07-1 115 8;55;46 pm.llgx

Set the wastegate DC table to whatever it needs to achieve the target boost in open loop.  From your log it looks like 1% DC changes boost by about 5-7Kpa, so you are going to need quite small P.  Try 0.1 initially. If you get overshoot then increase D, you may need top reduce stage 1 duty also.  Do us another log with some of those changes so I have a feel for what direction to head.

Awesome tx for the info, really helpful. I did more test with the PID set to 0 yesterday to find proper WGDC. Here are the logs and the update values. I'll test some more today and post after.

I want the turbo to get back to wastegate boost level ~200kpa pass 8k rpm, so I put the WGDC to 0 pass these RPM. Not sure it's the best way to do so, still testing.

PCLink_TJj7fpX57D.png

ECU Log 2020-07-2 123 9;31;21 pm.llgx