3 Bar Map sensor

Kassan1973

Hello i have a G4 ecu which was working fine on a delco 3 bar map sensor , i at one stage broke off the vacuum line fitting on sensor and glued it back on before ordering a new sensor both chinese unis !  when i fitted the new sensor it would not calibrate  =/- 5 kpa error but when plugged old one back in which had previously calibrated it again would not calibrate same error  both sensors work fine and show zero vacuum in fuel map with engine off and also 1.55 volts ,   car is running fine but would there be any reason why both units would now not calibrate.

Thanks Dean

Hi Adam first pic is the latest sensor i purchased and second is original one i had which calibrated fine when first installed, i se a slight difference in voltage 1.64 Vs 1.65 maybe im missing something. details taken with engine cold sorry if i go for a drive a will get figures with engine hot . 

Thansk

IMG_20200705_213450.jpg

IMG_20200705_213313.jpg

Sorry I missed your last reply.  It appears to me that the BAP reading 100Kpa looks quite realistic assuming you live near or slightly above sea level.  The displayed MAP value of 107Kpa for 1.64V is dead on GM's quoted curve so the ECU is interpreting that voltage correctly.  However, the MAP sensor reading 107Kpa with the engine off would only be correct if you live ~500M below sea level, which there are not many places like that on earth.  So I tend to believe the BAP is probably reading correct which would suggest both MAP sensors are reading wrong. 

I can give you a custom cal to fudge the MAP to make it match the BAP if you like but if they are already reading 7KPa/1psi out at atmospheric pressure do you really want to trust them at say 30psi?    

If its not already too late, can you try the calibration below.  Looking at it again this morning I found the GM ecu that those sensors are designed for use a 5.1V power supply, so many of the published calibrations ( and possibly the cal in the G4 are wrong when a sensor is powered by 5V).  There are also two diffrent variations of formula given on the delphi data sheets which both give different results!  So below is my best guess.

RDtMYn2.png