Celica ST185 IAT sensor calibration

Anastasios Kazazis

Hi all

I have the standard ST185 IAT sensor on intake manifold & the template for that is the below according to my understand.

image.png.cd3ad92812eb7ffd1bf1e24ea02086be.png

Although with the above default values, I saw a difference that the real air temperatures about 10 deq higher.

I use second in parallel air temperature at the same time from Mini r56 where there is a template to select for that :) and i see 10 deg difference.

I change the Toyota IAT with new one same type but nothign change.

Does anyone knows which are the values that should be added on toyota st185 iat sensor?

Don't the 185's use an AFM in the airbox and have the air temp sensor in there?  I know the 205 have one in the manifold because i've just swapped it for a different sensor because it would heatsoak and never show a temp below 40C  but i'm sure the 185's sensor isn't in the manifold

Did the ST185 actually have a factory fitted manifold air temp sensor?  I thought they only had an airbox temp sensor?

Most of the Denso temp sensors use the std bosch curve.  Can you pull the sensor out and measure its resistance when in a room at about 20 or 25deg C, that may give us a clue what curve it matches.

Hi 

After the using the Link G4 , I add a temperature sensor on intake.

This sensor was from ST185 which is the same as on many old models of Toyota. It is similar with starlet turbo, SW20 etc. & also similar with ST205 but with different connector.

Is there any info available for st185 or st205 air temperature calibration values?

Or i should use the standard?

I did this test that you suggest & I saw about 8 deg higher from real room temperature.

2 hours ago, Anastasios Kazazis said:

This sensor was from ST185 which is the same as on many old models of Toyota.

But the ST185 didnt have a air temp sensor - or are you using a coolant temp sensor?  

2 hours ago, Anastasios Kazazis said:

I did this test that you suggest & I saw about 8 deg higher from real room temperature.

I asked you to measure the resistance.  What was the resistance at 20deg?