Engine won't rev pass 4000

preludekid

Hi everyone,

I need some help here as my car won't rev up under boost.

I am now limiting the boost to 0.6bar (aprroxmately 42%DC) . I am trying to rev up to 7000 under 0.6bar to dial in AFR and get familiar with knock signal.

Under WOT, boost build up and engine climb to 3500+rpm then suddenly cuts power. After that, my right foot let go naturally (see log). Anything I forgot to switch on/off, or any setting not setup correctly?

Is a Cosworth YBT, stock turbo/internal, with upgraded fuel pump/injector, plus K20A COP. Thats all. Nothing fancy.

Log 2020-07-5 5;44;01 pm.llg 20200628.pclr

Can you do a similar PC Log with all parameters logged, the ECU log doesnt have many channels that are useful for diagnosis.

Also, you are on very old firmware - like 5 years old.  It would be well in your interest to update that before tuning much further as there have been several improvements since then, especially knock control.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont see any obvious ecu related misfires in your log, no cuts commanded etc. 

I notice your trigger offset is still at zero, have you checked the base timing?

Have you tried adding 15% fuel just to see if it is better or worse?

Hello Adam,

Today got sometime to go outside to try again. I switch from open loop boost control to close loop. No luck.

My son hop in for a ride, I can't do a PCLog. Close loop boost control still got the problem. Can't go over 3000rpm.

However, I back off the throttle a little (70%), it revs up to 5500rpm. Please neglect it is lean, I added fuel right after this run.

Noticed that, throttle percentage from all of my previous datalogs. There were all back off to Zero% before the rpm drops. Look at my screen capture that I high lighted.

Something wrong with my TPS?

5500rpm.JPG

Log 2020-07-26 6;07;11 pm.llg 20200725closeboost.pclr

Also, there are so much unstable area in today's run. 

In the screen capture, the red circle has a smooth afr, and right on the target (still using open loop). But the blue area are very bumpy, the ride was very rough.

Technically, same load cell, same IAT and ECT. What causes that? 

unstable.JPG

10 hours ago, preludekid said:

Today got sometime to go outside to try again. I switch from open loop boost control to close loop. No luck.

It is nothing to do with boost control, your turbo is barely even spooled by 3000RPM.

Noticed that, throttle percentage from all of my previous datalogs. There were all back off to Zero% before the rpm drops. Look at my screen capture that I high lighted.

Your throttle position sensor is likely rotating off the end of its wiper travel.  The voltage is reaching the error settings so the ecu is defaulting the sensor to the error value.  It may be a faulty sensor or it may just need adjustment.

n the screen capture, the red circle has a smooth afr, and right on the target (still using open loop). But the blue area are very bumpy, the ride was very rough.

Technically, same load cell, same IAT and ECT. What causes that? 

It is a misfire.  When you dont have combustion you have a cylinder full of fresh air pumped into the exhaust system, the lambda sensor measures oxygen.  The erratic lambda usually means you have 1 or 2 cylinders misfiring.