Audi TTX

Knox

Hello, can someone inform me if I can use audi ttx plugin ecu on 2004 seat leon fr 1.8t ? I found that everything except oil gauge works directly when install plugin ecu but I need to be sure because I will advise to my customer.

• 2 years later...
On 7/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, TechDave said:

This should work according to our data.

Hello, today I installed audi ttx ecu to 2005 model seat leon fr with auq engine. Everything looks good, gauges works, wheel speeds work with can bus etc. Only issue I have is when I turn of the switch engine continous to work, voltage drop to 5-6volts but everything (coils, injectors) continoue to work. Sometimes engine stops but sometimes not. Where I need to check. First I tought there is issue with key switch but it looks like switch is not the issue. 

That almost sounds like a backfeed through an aux output.  Have any of the devices connected to aux outputs been changed, or perhaps any power supply changes to aux devices?  Standard aux devices for this ecu are as follows:

1. Tacho
  2. Turbo re-circ
  3. Wastegate
  4. NC
  5. Fuel pump relay
  6. Purge Canister
  7. CE light

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

That almost sounds like a backfeed through an aux output.  Have any of the devices connected to aux outputs been changed, or perhaps any power supply changes to aux devices?  Standard aux devices for this ecu are as follows:

1. Tacho
  2. Turbo re-circ
  3. Wastegate
  4. NC
  5. Fuel pump relay
  6. Purge Canister
  7. CE light

Thank you for fast reply. No addirional aux used right now.
-If I just disable and try all standart aux’s can I find which one is backfeed or I need to take out sockets one by one ? 

- what is NC aux? I saw nc on manual and I tought it is “not connected”

- Let’s say I find which aux backfeed the ecu, how can I solve this issue? 

NC means not connected.  Just disabling the aux is not a valid test, you need to disconnect them.  

I think tacho is unlikely to backfeed so I would forget about that one for now, probably the CE light is pretty unlikely also.  All the rest you should be able to just unplug them at the device then switch ign on/off to confirm if it still stays alive or not.  

This ECU could only remain powered up either by a backfeeding aux or some voltage on pin 3 (main power supply).  So if disconnecting the auxes doesnt solve the problem I would investigate what is happening at pin 3.  

3 hours ago, koracing said:

If the engine does stop as you say it does sometimes, does the ecu still have power even in those situations?

To be honest, I didn’t check voltage when it stoped. But when engine didn’t stop, I checked voltage drop to 3-5v first shut off after increase to 7-8v and engine continous to run. 

After adamw’s advices, I found that the turbo recirculation valve backfeed the ecu. 

5 minutes ago, koracing said:

Great so that resolved the issue - having that unplugged?  

Yes for now issue solved, I didn’t finish the tuning yet but I don’t think I will habe other issue. I told to mechanic to remove the recirculation valve