Subaru STI high VE

subiseidl

So I've been messing around with the fuel table for my flex fuel setup. I'm running an ej20g with RCM 340 fuel pump, rcm regulator and ID1050x injectors. I've input the injector data from ID but the VE required to hit the target AFR seems incorrect. attached is the log from the last set of logs that I took. I set the base fuel pressure to 49psi. If i don't set it that high the fuel pressure will drop to 38psi if i set the base fuel pressure to 43.5. I'm still learning so any feedback would be very helpful.

image.thumb.png.152fe1cccc4df9127d0b3813285d36dc.png

increased base pressure.llg

A couple of things that I suspect may be some of the problem:

Fuel pressure sensor calibration.  That "7 Bar" calibration is for an old MAP sensor we used to sell, I suspect it isnt right for your typical fluid pressure sensors.  What specific sensor do you have?

The injector flow rate for the multifuel - I have no data for these specific injectors, but most injectors we have tested the flow rate is quite a bit less when flowed with ethanol vs Petrol.  The ID1000's for instance flow about 950cc on petrol vs only 810cc on ethanol. 

On 8/4/2020 at 6:55 AM, Adamw said:

but most injectors we have tested the flow rate is quite a bit less when flowed with ethanol vs Petrol.  The ID1000's for instance flow about 950cc on petrol vs only 810cc on ethanol

I did actually experienced that last week too! did my firsts flex fuel tunes on 2 cars for NA and turbo, I had to reduce injector flow by at least 10% to get the lambda back down.

I read an article once where they did some flow testing on injectors with different mediums and Ethanol flowed 5-8% less than gasoline.

I wish the companies making the injectors would do these tests for some of their injectors.

Also make sure your fuel pump controller switch points are set properly. You may have to jump to 66 or 100% earlier.