Bmw Z3 FI on v88

Guest |989|

thanks guys do these coils come with igniter on top??

Yes those VAG coils have integrated igniter and you can wire them directly to Vipec IGN outputs. I am using them on a E36 M3 3.2 Euro turbo and no problems whatsoever. They also fit nicely on the head.

Yes those VAG coils have integrated igniter and you can wire them directly to Vipec IGN outputs. I am using them on a E36 M3 3.2 Euro turbo and no problems whatsoever. They also fit nicely on the head.

grate thanks mate

hey guys i got a couple more questions regarding the install.

i noticed the vipec has 2 knock sensor outputs , the m52 engine has 2 knock sensors and 4 wires

knock sensor 1-3 knock sensor control and knock sensor input

knock sensor4-6 knock sensor control and knock sensor input

which wires connect to what??

also got no idea how to wire up my

camshaft position sensor

camshaft control valve 1

crankshaft position rmp sensor

once its all wired i will be getting the car towed to a vipec authorised tuner were they can change all the settings

kind regards james

James

one of the vipec's first conditions is that the tuner who sells the item also does the install of it.

There are more then few good reasons for that. First, you don't have a CLUE of what you doing?! If ANYTHING goes wrong, whose fault it will be?! Yours, who decided to do the job with zero experience and knowledge, tuner's, who gave you the advice that you can't follow? Man....

Second, you don't have a clue how car sensors/electronics works. If you know anything at all, the help file from the software would be more than enough.

But you don't.

The questions that you ask are not simple (they are for me, but apparently not you) and these need long and thorough answer. SOmetimes even I find myself in dead end, after 100 of cars that I did.

So, I don't mean to be rude, but James, take your car to your tuner, pay for the install and tune and enjoy it. That is all I can say.

Gday hic and thanks for ur comments 1st off id like to mention that i do not live locally or close by to any tuners installers which makes it harder for myself as i would need to drive approximately 12hours that means i would probably need to stay in the town for a few days and have somewhere i could keep the trailer and time off work is not an option at the moment . I also choose the vipec because the amount of customer support it has , for me im learning as i go and im enjoying it im sure plenty of people from here have lots of questions some might be simple some might be hard im sure u didnt start knowing it all either, but i understand it could be a pain to need to explain to somebody several answers. either way if u dont have the time or simply cannot be stuffed thats ok but im sure there might be someone out there that likes to teach others a thing or two.

regards James

This should help you out

http://www.linkecu.com/support/document ... awings/G09

The knock sensor wires one will be a sensor earth and the other a signal.

The sensor earth can be connected to the screen in the knock cables of the V88 and signal to signal.

Most knock sensors are not polarity sensitive.

This is assuming the sensors are not something unique to BMW.