WRX V4 knock setup

Ming

I'd be curious to know this as well - as I'm struggling to setup my G4X knock control on my V5-6 WRX.

Also, does it matter the "Knk internal" option no longer available on the G4X, whereas it appears to have been on the old G4+? Knock setup options now are only i) ignition, ii) fuel, or iii) ignition and fuel.

I only ask as in the runtime values screen on my G4X I don't have "Knock" as a separate tab in this, and can't see knock by cylinder in any of the logging parameters, where as based on my searching it appeared to be available on the old G4+? 

5 hours ago, ChrisHodge86 said:

as I'm struggling to setup my G4X knock control on my V5-6 WRX.

Will need your log and tune.  

Also, does it matter the "Knk internal" option no longer available on the G4X, whereas it appears to have been on the old G4+? Knock setup options now are only i) ignition, ii) fuel, or iii) ignition and fuel.

All the G4X range has internal knock hardware and we havent sold the external knock device since about 2014 so the external option is no longer relevant.

I only ask as in the runtime values screen on my G4X I don't have "Knock" as a separate tab in this, and can't see knock by cylinder in any of the logging parameters, where as based on my searching it appeared to be available on the old G4+? 

My runtime screen has this:

FquLtgJ.png

If you are using the latest PC link then you should load the default 1366 x 768 or 1920 x 1080 layout and you will have a dedicated knock tuning page with most settings and parameters you need to tune it.

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Will need your log and tune. 

Thanks Adam, I've uploaded my tune and log is at this link (due to file size - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bZVo1yEHcwpsUJ0b2d8iK_5zUeDNuj3v/view?usp=sharing).

The engine is a stock MY00 WRX engine, as I wanted to learn how to tune the ECU before putting the racecar motor in it that I'm building. I assume the VE numbers are quite low as its a stock engine with small turbo / TMIC, but appreciate any insight you have.

It looks like in the log I managed to get some "noise" on the knock sensor, but only small amounts. I might have to play with the gain, as I'd read on here that you would expect up to 4-500 under known non-knock conditions.

Also, cheers for the heads up on the default 768 layout, thats a huge help.

29Aug20 - Modelled single fuel (MY00 GC8).pclx

On 8/26/2020 at 5:23 PM, Adison said:

Hi sorry for the late reply was busy and away. I've set my google drive to public.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1imY_Y30EodX-LzwtMb3iW1anTFmOIS7I/view?usp=sharing

It doesnt look bad - at least there seems to be some resemblance to engine noise in the shape of the knock level logged.  I would typically like the levels to be a bit higher to give more resolution and I would also typically have more margin between the average knock level and the set threshold than what you have.  But overall it doesnt look a million miles off.  Have you still got room to increase gain?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, Adamw said:

It doesnt look bad - at least there seems to be some resemblance to engine noise in the shape of the knock level logged.  I would typically like the levels to be a bit higher to give more resolution and I would also typically have more margin between the average knock level and the set threshold than what you have.  But overall it doesnt look a million miles off.  Have you still got room to increase gain?  

hi apologize again for the late reply. should i increase the gain for clearer view?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 11:59 AM, Adamw said:

Yes, try some more gain.  Ideally Id like to see typical knock level up around 200 at WOT.

image.thumb.png.c14e5820486654039ae9a62f90dfde7b.png

Ive got high gain at table 4 how do i lower it down? more fuel or less ignition on the cell?