WRX V7 intake backfire when ignition turned on

Dave Clark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, neo277 said:

They are working on a fix but no fix as of yet,   I am having the issue as well on my 04 usdm wrx.  

I'm not having much luck with this at all, but for now I will sit patiently and wait..........But this is not ideal.

31 minutes ago, Simon said:

Relatively confident we have a solution for this unfortunately it does require a hardware change, Units will need to come in to the nearest office for the work to be done. 

Thanks for the update, I've sent a screen shot of this to the retailer I purchased from as we're currently on our 2nd ECU 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 7:36 AM, Adamw said:

As above, contact tech support for an RMA.

RMA?

On 12/7/2020 at 5:28 AM, vipser said:

i have same issue on WRX9 G4X

It's a known issue they've been working on, unfortunately I'm not yet able to confirm if this fix has worked...........

13 minutes ago, Dave Clark said:

RMA?

The ECU needs returning for modification or replacement.  RMA = Return Material Authorisation.  We dont really have a true "RMA" process - but we do ask the customer to fill out a form before sending so when an ECU turns up we know who the ecu is from and what we have it for.  Also as part of that we give them shipping instructions so they dont get stung with customs/tax.  

16 minutes ago, Adamw said:

The ECU needs returning for modification or replacement.  RMA = Return Material Authorisation.  We dont really have a true "RMA" process - but we do ask the customer to fill out a form before sending so when an ECU turns up we know who the ecu is from and what we have it for.  Also as part of that we give them shipping instructions so they dont get stung with customs/tax.  

Has this fix been extensively tested and can confirm this a 100% successful resolution?

• 1 month later...