D16Y8 COP Conversion

Cbrandenburg

Hi, wonderful team of knowledge.

I got my COP valve cover installed finally, minus powder coating. I noticed in my log, that as acceleration forces reverse, I'm getting a dwell dropping from about 4 to 3.5-3.9, So as acceleration is maxing, the fuel is like plus 2 minus 1. RPM 4089 Example, 625cc 638cc 4v Dwell Battery V 14.2 Actual PW 5.967 DT .761 , Acceleration Decreasing Changing My Bat V becomes 13.6 dwell 3.9 is 610cc, RPM 3969, Actual PW 6.249 DT .980, And Then Acceleration Choking a bit, until dwell hits 3.8, then acceleration starts again, 626cc DT .986 Actual PW 6.262 RPM 4087, All this occurs until battery voltage back 14.25, (the cycle for this behavior is about 4-5 ms)

I'm assuming I got some belt slipping going on, but I would also like to smooth the drop out anyway if possible, I did stretch my deadline table out to Quarters to get a better grip on the injectors, which help a lot, I put my cheap 1000cc injectors back in, 

Gain: 0.12ms/MG
Offset: 0.055ms
Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 300KPa
Amperage: 1.0 Amps
Pressure: Min 30PSIG/ Max 100PSIG

Which doesn't interpret very well for

I also saw something you talk about polarity being needed to be wired backwards for Honda COP conversions.

if you could give a brief explanation I would appreciate it, for both the Injectors and the cop conversion, 

i haven't purchased the COP yet, I was looking at the D17 Plugs from accel or msd, any advice would be helpful.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are asking, your post doesnt make sense at all and seems to have a whole lot of irrelevant comments?

Dwell scatter would be normal for a distributor trigger - this is not related to battery voltage, it is due to the ecu getting irregular/poor engine position information due to the distributor bouncing backwards and forwards.  I highly doubt a 10% variation in dwell time is going to be noticeable in terms of tune or the way it runs.

Injector deadtimes can make a significant difference at idle if they are not correct, but at say 4000RPM, when the PW is much longer the deadtimes are much less important.  It is highly unlikely your problem is related to deadtimes or dwell time.

Please attach a log if you have a problem with the fuel tuning.