Plex SDM 500 - Not showing data from my Link ECU Please help

Volcom86

Hey all,

I am having issues viewing data from the ECU CAN1 to the Plex SDM-500 Dash. I have updated the Plex to the latest firmware so it is all up to date 

The ECU is seeing the can port connected however the dash display is not getting any data. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

Attached files for reference 

• Volcom86 changed the title to Plex SDM 500 - Not showing data from my Link ECU Please help

Thank you @Adamwfor looking into it.

Unfortunately I haven't got photos of it atm as I have closed it all off. Once I get to it I will get you some photos Adam. 

What I did was purchased the Link 5 pin connector and made my own Can-Bus. 

I connected the Number 2 CAN wires from the Plex device and connected it to the Link Ecu CAN Number 1 connection directly with the twisted wires the Plex comes with. Could this be the issue? 

Could the other issue be that I am using CAN2 from the Plex device into CAN1 on the link side? As you know the Plex Dash comes with CAN1 & CAN2. 

I connected the Plex to the ignition 12v and Ground to the cigarette switch ground so it turns on when the Ecu comes on. 

Thanks again for any input as this sure has me going nuts spent almost the whole wknd playing with this with no luck. 

Screenshot_20200921-180957_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200917-191931_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

Ok, it looks like your dash set up is wrong, you had no receive set up on CAN 2 and you had the Link RS232 receive turned on.  So try the file below, I had disabled the RS232 and loaded a CAN receive template.

Volcom86.pdc 24.13 kB · 1 download

@Adamw you are a absolute gun mate!!! THANK YOU!!! IT BLOODY WORKS... I did an Indian dance when it powered up and worked haha.

Thank you so much I really appreciate it Adam :)  Hope all is well take care :) Ps i looked at it and I am not sure what I was thinking 

I have one last question. 

What am I doing wrong here... I am trying to get my Ethanol % showing up and I have follow this

little tutorial  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPtGpksumYRqo5cH7A?e=L0nxEN but I guess I am still doing it wrong.

I have attached the ECU file as well as the PLEX configuration.