Setting up EGT limits

MichaelR32GTR

I have never really used EGT's as a safety tool so dont have a lot of advice.  Adding fuel doesnt usually make much difference assuming you are already richer than stoich.  If you are leaner than stoich due to a fuel issue or something, then adding fuel actually increases EGT. 

Unless you are regularly exceeding what you think is a safe EGT then as a safety I would probably just do a limp mode type limiter if it were something I was worried about.  

11 hours ago, Qshot pilot said:

Sorry to jack your post Michael but Adam I was wondering about something similar to this as well like doing a fuel trim table for each cylinder egt? What would be the best way on going about setting that up as I do have the ecumaster Can egt module as well.

As above, fuel is not often useful to control excessive EGT.  But if you wanted to you would enable the individual cyl fuel trims, and make a table something like below for each cyl.  This example would add 20% fuel to cyl 1 if EGT 1 went above 749°C at high boost, and add 10% fuel if boost was below 100kpa.

eXogH6U.png

On 9/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, Adamw said:

You could do a virtual aux like below so if any of them go above say 750°C you take action.  That action could be anything from flashing a warning light, add extra fuel, lower boost, or activate a GP limit, etc.

4tu8rTA.png

Looking into setting this up, 

once the virtual aux 1 has been setup like urs above for example,

where and how do I go about setting an rpm limit table to Limit engine rpm once the egts reach desired temperature ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:54 PM, Adamw said:

You could do a virtual aux like below so if any of them go above say 750°C you take action.  That action could be anything from flashing a warning light, add extra fuel, lower boost, or activate a GP limit, etc.

4tu8rTA.png

So I set up my virtual AUX 1 as shown above (just different egt temps)

how do I go about actualy setting up an rpm limit once they reach set temperature ?

If you are doing it with a virtual aux then put the virtual aux on the axis of a GP limit or 3D RPM limit table.  With the virtual auxes "1" means off and "2" means on.

Example below I have set the main RPM limit table to 3D, virtual aux 1 on the y axis.  I have a 8000RPM limit when VA1 is off, and a 4000RPM limit when VA1 is on.

xb0ZLpI.png

On 10/9/2020 at 7:43 AM, Adamw said:

If you are doing it with a virtual aux then put the virtual aux on the axis of a GP limit or 3D RPM limit table.  With the virtual auxes "1" means off and "2" means on.

Example below I have set the main RPM limit table to 3D, virtual aux 1 on the y axis.  I have a 8000RPM limit when VA1 is off, and a 4000RPM limit when VA1 is on.

xb0ZLpI.png

Sorry one last question, I already have two “RPM GP limits” setup, one for Lambda and one for Oil pressure,

how can I setup a 3rd GP rpm limit so I can setup the above