iat and throttle position erratic

Subiwgn96

• Subiwgn96 changed the title to iat and throttle position erratic
  • 5 weeks later...

i have a code for iat sensor as of right now and i think that may have been the issue the sensor was giving erratic readings and threw the computer off until i unplugged it. I was wondering if the aem sensor for iat has the same calibration values? i dont really wanna spend $100 for another link sensor and it hasnt lasted that long. I was also wondering if I can get the factory knock sensor to work on the link ecu? I remember my tuner saying the factory knock sensor isn't working on the ecu and I know it was on my previous computer I had installed because my cel would flash with engine knock detected. i replaced the sensor and its still isn't getting any input

On 9/25/2020 at 8:55 AM, Adamw said:

It it happens again please do a short PC log.

A faulty IAT sensor isnt going to make your TPS erratic, so as above it is more likely something these have in common which would be the 5V supply or the sensor ground.  

6 hours ago, Subiwgn96 said:

I was wondering if the aem sensor for iat has the same calibration values?

Yes the AEM sensor PN30-2014 is the exact same sensor that we sell as far as I can tell.  But the symtopms you have described dont seem to fit a faulty temp sensor.  You can test it by measuring its resistance with a multimeter.

I was also wondering if I can get the factory knock sensor to work on the link ecu? I remember my tuner saying the factory knock sensor isn't working on the ecu and I know it was on my previous computer I had installed because my cel would flash with engine knock detected. i replaced the sensor and its still isn't getting any input

Yes it will work with the stock sensor, but the tuner will need to calibrate the knock control system before you can use it.

the  main problem with that is they neither share the same ground or 5v supply cause my iat is wired with the expansion loom i will have to a pc log next time the issue occurs, I know it has been a intermit code that keeps coming back and the only fix im seeing is wiring which i have check is fine or the sensor itself, so im going to try to replace the sensor and see if the code doesn't come back again. It was intermit coming on prior to the issue I was having that day and he couldn't find any calibration values for the factory sensor and told me it would prolly be best if I got the link knock sensor and wired it to the expansion loom and did it that way, I was trying to get the knock system operational myself before I go back to the tuner again, I wasn't planning on going back until I went e-85 with a bigger turbo. I currently have the link g4x for the v1-2 wrX ECU. He was also having issues finding the coolant temp calibration for the factory sensor for the ecu when it was on the dyno but he said he got that figured out

the  main problem with that is they neither share the same ground or 5v supply cause my iat is wired with the expansion loom

All sensors are connected to the same 5V and same sensor ground internally.  If one sensor overloads the 5V, then all sensors will be effected.  

he couldn't find any calibration values for the factory sensor and told me it would prolly be best if I got the link knock sensor and wired it to the expansion loom and did it that way

You cant wire a knock sensor to the expansion loom, it needs to be wired to the knock pin which already has the factory sensor connected to it.  You dont find "calibration values" for a knock sensor, you need to calibrate the system yourself.  

I was trying to get the knock system operational myself before I go back to the tuner again

Can you attach the map so I can take a look at your settings.

The expansion loom isn't on a different 5v circuit? the TPS is wired on the factory harness and the aftermarket IAT is on the expansion loom as well as the AFR gauge but that's only wired to give signal to the ECU to pick up AFR's. I attached the tune that is on my ECU.

matt shue tune.pclx