IS300 can issues

juanv08

Hello everyone,

I have the Panicwire/Xcessive Manufacturing link ecru for the 2002-05 is300 Auto to manual. I am running a modified stock 2jz harness to a 1jz vvti w/ ETCSi. Car runs fine no problems with drive ability. But I am having problems with my AC (switches from recirc to fresh air), outside ambient air temp does not read correctly (goes to “E”), coolant temp gauge works and then drops to its lowest value for a few seconds then back to reading correctly, fuel level will work for a few minutes and drops to E. Quite frankly it is annoying. Very annoying. Do not feel comfortable taking it to events because of the fluctuating coolant gauge. 

It will act up until I cycle the key and everything works correctly for a few minutes until it acts up again. There doesn’t seem anything to be triggering it. It is driving me nuts.

I keep contacting the vendor, they have admitted I’m not the only one with this issue. Yet they keep saying they’ll look into it and that has been since March.

Kan_tune_final.pclr

Not a whole lot we can do sorry.  We dont make or market a IS300 ECU, I assume Xcessive modify our Altezza ECU and market it as a IS300 ecu?  

All I can tell you is our ecu works fine in an Altezza, from your information it sounds like possibly there are some differences in the BEAN communication network (note it is not CAN in these cars, it is a Toyota propriety system known as BEAN).

It is really on them to fix it as we cant be expected to source a car and spend time troubleshooting it when it is not even a product we have developed.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:17 PM, juanv08 said:

Hello everyone,

I have the Panicwire/Xcessive Manufacturing link ecru for the 2002-05 is300 Auto to manual. I am running a modified stock 2jz harness to a 1jz vvti w/ ETCSi. Car runs fine no problems with drive ability. But I am having problems with my AC (switches from recirc to fresh air), outside ambient air temp does not read correctly (goes to “E”), coolant temp gauge works and then drops to its lowest value for a few seconds then back to reading correctly, fuel level will work for a few minutes and drops to E. Quite frankly it is annoying. Very annoying. Do not feel comfortable taking it to events because of the fluctuating coolant gauge. 

It will act up until I cycle the key and everything works correctly for a few minutes until it acts up again. There doesn’t seem anything to be triggering it. It is driving me nuts.

I keep contacting the vendor, they have admitted I’m not the only one with this issue. Yet they keep saying they’ll look into it and that has been since March.

Kan_tune_final.pclr 166.64 kB · 2 downloads

Hi, I have a IS300 myself, although not running the xcessive/panicwire pnp kit, I repinned my loom to the right headers to suit. I don't have any issues.. It sounds like to me that the MPX isn't wired correctly on your loom and/or not going to where it suppose to go.

Since you are using the IS300 2JZ loom, and using the panicwire patch loom, Check out pins E-5 (MPX1) and E-12 (MPX2) on the Link/Altezza header side loom, , make sure they are connected to the body loom and goto the body computer. On the IS300 loom side they "should" be connected to E4-21 (MPX1) E4-20 (MPX2). I'd unplug the patch loom and check continuity with a multi-meter to make sure the patch loom is ok. Then if so, make sure your MPX network on your body loom is ok. Also make sure that the Altezza CAN configuration on the Link has been done correctly.

firefox_VdixGLr9Lp.png

firefox_0aquRxucMQ.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have the SupraLink ECU to install into a is300 ECU box. I have the Supra plugs to pin the wires into. My question is, what are the required pins from the is300 harness (least possible to run the engine) and what pins should they go into in the Supra plugs?

All the best,

~HollywoodJackson~

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 8:03 AM, wastegate said:

Hi, I have a IS300 myself, although not running the xcessive/panicwire pnp kit, I repinned my loom to the right headers to suit. I don't have any issues.. It sounds like to me that the MPX isn't wired correctly on your loom and/or not going to where it suppose to go.

Since you are using the IS300 2JZ loom, and using the panicwire patch loom, Check out pins E-5 (MPX1) and E-12 (MPX2) on the Link/Altezza header side loom, , make sure they are connected to the body loom and goto the body computer. On the IS300 loom side they "should" be connected to E4-21 (MPX1) E4-20 (MPX2). I'd unplug the patch loom and check continuity with a multi-meter to make sure the patch loom is ok. Then if so, make sure your MPX network on your body loom is ok. Also make sure that the Altezza CAN configuration on the Link has been done correctly.

firefox_VdixGLr9Lp.png

firefox_0aquRxucMQ.png

Thanks for the info. Ended up finding corrosion in my dashboard wiring harness when I replaced my driver side under dash fusebox thinking the MPX unit was bad. Going to replace the dash harness when I remove the dash to paint or flock it. This with is300s know the sticky dash woes...

IMG_2141.jpeg

• 3 years later...