Cam sync question

Sutkale

Hi Guys,

Just trying to figure out the differences between different cam sync settings. I am using V88 as ECU.

I'm currently having "Cam Pulse 1X" as a set up in software but having small issues with starting the engine (actually the car does not fire at all... :lol: even though the coils fire as they should under the test mode). I just figured out that the cam trigger / wheel is actually "half a size of a cam". Should I then choose the cam sync as "Cam Level"? I suppose the signal is high for 360 degrees and low for 360 should such a cam sync be used?

Thanks!

If it is high for half an engine cycle and you have a multi tooth missing trigger wheel on the crank then you can use Cam Level for the sync.

This does require a hall or optical sensor on the cam.

If it is high for half an engine cycle and you have a multi tooth missing trigger wheel on the crank then you can use Cam Level for the sync.

This does require a hall or optical sensor on the cam.

Yup, I've got 60-2 as trigger pattern and hall sensor on the cam.

Did a quick test and it seems that Cam level is the right set up, as there was signs of life in the engine, but could not test any furter since the battery run off. It seems only trigger offset need to be set on right position and then it should be ok.

I suggest to add to the manual (at initial start up section), to check the right cam sync setting and guidance upon which cam sync option should be chosen.