Evo 9 PNP box - WGDC needs inverting?

R/TErnie

Is there an easy way to invert the Boost Control PWM output? 100% Duty Cycle in my maps is wastegate spring, and 0% is MAX boost.

I'm plumbing my 3 port differently to accommodate for this for a temporary fix in open loop... but without the flow rate through 1-2 ports it will not perform well running it in closed loop. Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks as always.

-Eric Urness

I had it plumbed correctly...

MAC 3 port EBC solenoid.

Port 1 to Turbo (boost source)

Port 2 to top of external gate

Port 3 vent (use sintered iron filter)

Ports 1 and 2 are connected and is the designed direction of flow through the solenoid. Port 3 is a bleed port.

To get it to work with the way the vipec controls I need port 3 to the top of the gate and port 2 to vent.

I'm saying that a lot of people use the GM 3 port, AEM/MAC 3 port, Grimmspeed, etc. 3 port solenoids and they're all hooked up the same way I did it. I don't think everyone else is wrong...

-Eric

This is the correct plumbing assuming you also have a line plumbed from the bottom of the gate to the compressor

With it plumbed like this it should function correctly.

What are you seeing that leads you to change the plumbing?

I had it plumbed correctly...

MAC 3 port EBC solenoid.

Ports 1 and 2 are connected and is the designed direction of flow through the solenoid. Port 3 is a bleed port.

To get it to work with the way the vipec controls I need port 3 to the top of the gate and port 2 to vent.

I'm saying that a lot of people use the GM 3 port, AEM/MAC 3 port, Grimmspeed, etc. 3 port solenoids and they're all hooked up the same way I did it. I don't think everyone else is wrong...

-Eric

thats a different setup that vems has on their page about the mac valve ..

http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/high-capaci ... p-171.html

connection1 = athmosphere

connection2 = wastegate bottom.

connection3 = MAP (manifold pressure)

I just installed the same valve, with the way its described above, wondering now whats the deal :)

• 4 weeks later...