GPS input

QueenRacing

I would like to be able to somehow be able to log a GPS speed into the logging on a v44. I cant use a dash as these will be used in turbocharged stand up jet skis. I would like to be able to plot speed over time to check acceleration and gather data during testing. Is there any small external gps units that can be wired into the v44 and do this with?? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I am interested in this as well.

i'm not completely sold on the "lightning fast" 10hz refresh rate this thing boasts ..

Would you care to explain ? I mean its just one parameter I would think that rate would be sufficient , but I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recieved the unit, if this works it is going to be SWEET!! It is very small and easy to wire in, only 3 wires..

I am hoping that Simon can help with this,

The module has a output calibration of 16,000 PPM, which is the same as the autometer speedometers. But under the Di input/speed I dont think the calibration goes this high.. Unless it would be 16 or 160 etc. So if this calibration of 16,000 will work with the software, this will be a killer add on to the system and it is cheap!!

Any input will be greatly appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We can only take up to a around 500Hz on a digital input due to hardware limits.

If the frequency out put of the device is more that this there is no solution we can offer out of the ECU.

If however this unit is geared to be able to drive factory speedos then I would think it could be calibrated to suit the different speedos it should then be able to be matched to our ECU.