Nissan 200sx - GTR

nissan200sx.dk

Hi all.

I have been building on my car for 9 years now. It was my first car, all std. except for a KN air filter.

My CA18DET engine had 9 different turbo setups, then made a RB25DET swap, and is now running a RB30DET with GT4094r turbo.

Now I am converting the car to 4x4 from a skyline. Parts used for the conversion:

Z32 complete rear-end, with custom Ksport dampers. Changed diff to R32 GTR

R32 GTR gearbox

R33 GTR complete front suspension with custom Ksport dampers.

R32 GTR ATTESA with custom wiring.

Much more info and alot of pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Nissan200sxGTR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes has spent a few hours in the garage now... R32 GTR conversion on the front suspension would have been easier, but the handling is better with R33 suspension. I could also just have change diff / driveshafts on the rear, but wanted a stiffer suspension setup. S13 rear end / crossmember / brigde or what it is called is very thin and weak compared to the z32 i use. (I bought it as a R32 GTR end, but the diff was wrong, so had to change the diff out with a R32 GTR part as the end was from a z32) No point in doing such a conversion and not doing it right the first time.. Its crap to change after its done.

Just need to make the dampers before I can get further with the car. Problem is that either I have to raise the shock towers, and they will stick through my bonnet, or shorten the dampers to fit under the bonnet. Choose to shorten the dampers as it will look the best. Main original axle on the damper must be made from chromed cardboard or something, as the car has not done SO many miles with Ksport damper, but was badly worn. So it will be upgraded with better material / parts so it is a new damper again. (Hard chromed chrome-nickel axle)

I could buy some custom dampers for the job, but I am on a budget, and its way more cool to make the parts than just buying. If I had the money I would have bought more parts though, to cut down on time spent. If I just had a lift.... It would be easier to work on the car.

Thank you. I can ship it to AU you know. ;-)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Epic build here bud ! Nicely done.

Been following this on f/book as well.

We have the same here in South Africa but still running RB26 with 700hp.

Full R33 under the S13 body.

Nicely done once again.. :!: :!: :ugeek: