trig 2 vvti

cam type inlet/LH

offset 650,0 ATDC

Trigger offset 205

ref timing 10,0

ignition timing delay 50 microseconds.

Does this look right for a 2jc vvti? Thanks Rune

Hi Rune,

Under Trig 2 you have an offset of 650.0 ATDC, how did you achieve this number as the file i sent you is set to 170 deg ATDC.

Have you checked the Runtime Data for the VVTi and Triggers 1 and 2 in the Runtime Values Tab, selected through the TUNING TAB at the top right of your screen, to make sure there are no errors and the signals make sense.

What settings do you have for the VVT Setup Tab.

What settings do you have for Trigger 2, you have only listed Trigger 1 Settings.

Rune,

have you configured your ignition wiring for wasted spark or direct fire.

The reason i ask is that the file i sent you was for wasted spark and CDI, i forgot to let you know. :oops:

Please advise if setup for direct fire or wasted spark, if direct fire, i can advise you on what to change.

Sorry.

trigger 2 type reculutor

trigger 2 filtering level 2

The trigger 2 vvti offset at 650 was from another base map.The car would not start with the base map from you as it was so I started to see what differences I had between the maps.After a few changes the car started and runs pretty fine.The 650 value was from the map vipec provided.Its not much information about the 2jc vvti.The manual I downloaded is for a regular 2jc gte and I can only find 1jc vvti in vipec program so Its a bit difficult to know whats right.Thanks Rune

Hi again I have calibrated Tps Iat and map sensor.I dont know the name of the Iat sensor I got from Vipec but when I choose std Boch the temprature seems about right.The map sensor I set as toyota st 185.Its spot on with bap when I use st 185 but I dont know if its right one.I have not checked timing but I will next monday when I have the lamp.Is it right base timing. lock ignition timing 10 degrees btdc offset 205 degrees and 50 microseconds delay? For the fuel pumps I have a problem with should I find the Aux 2 wire,cut it and lengthen it to the trunk and then use it as ground for my relays.? Again thank you for all help Rune

Hi Rune,

if you are using the ViPEC IAT (inlet air temp) sensor then you need to select it as Delphi AC IAT.

If you are using the standard 2JZ MAP sensor then ST185 should be OK.

The timing function you have described is correct.

Normally the OFFSET of 205 is spot on, however if you command 10 degrees and see a different value, then you need to adjust the OFFSET value until you see the correct timing of 10 degrees.

The delay value of 50 microseconds is also normally OK, however to confirm this value you need to rev the engine and check for timing drift, if the timing changes you need to adjust the delay value until the timing is steady.

I recommend YOU USE A FIXED REFERENCE TIMING LIGHT, NOT AN ADJUSTABLE TYPE, these are far more accurate.

With the fuel pump relay issue, yes connect the AUX 2 output wire to both of your fuel pump relays on pin 85.

Pin 86 to IGNITION SWITCHED SOURCE.

Pin 30 to Battery power source with fuse.

Pin 87 to fuel pump +ve.

As advised by JCT in your other thread.

For the fuel pumps I have a problem with should I find the Aux 2 wire,cut it and lengthen it to the trunk and then use it as ground for my relays.? Again thank you for all help Rune

the relays don't necessarily need to be in the trunk, its less wires if you place the relays close to the ecu or the original relay box. Are you using the pnp adapter for the wiring?

When i was using the pnp adapter i had to add some pins to the supra original wire harness to add more inputs and outputs. i got them off a spare wire loom i have for just such purpose.

Hi Dave timing was almost spot on,had to do a small adjustment.I have about correct fuel up to 3000 rpm so now I brake in my engine and hope to get to the tuner next week.Car acts almost like oem and Im very happy how the vipec works.Hope to see decent numbers next week.Thanks for all help.Lekonna I did the wiering and fuel upgrade before I installed engine so I hope to fix the pump prime without much effort.If it doesnt work I will go with youre suggestion.Thanks for info....Rune

Hi again, dynoday yesterday and it didnt go as I hoped.The second turbo didnt come online.I have the hybrid gt 28 kit installed.The tuner did wonder if the vipec communicated with the vsv valves as it should.The valves seems to work so it could be wrong signal from the ecu.Should things like that be in the base map or need to be configurated by me?.The dyno shows 430 nm at 2500 rpm with 0.8 bar boost so I think it will be great with higher boost and second turbo online.Mvh Rune

Hi again.The base map I use is not for sequential turbo system.I compare with the one from Dave.Where do I go from here? Should I install a new base map to work with and start from the beginning?The map I got from you Dave is for sequential but not for a vvt-i wich I need so I have several maps but not the one I need for a vvt-i running sequential.Thanks Rune

frankly, i would get rid of the factory sequential setup and install single turbo instead. the sequential will be hell to get working properly and the gain is minimal compared to properly done single setup.

you can try to modify the sequential maps to work with the vtt-i but i don't see it as being worth the effort.

Hi Lekonna.I have a set of rebuilt oem turboes on my car.Gt 28 hybrid turboes.World record is now 680 whp with this setup in sequential(Stu Hagen).If I know the problems I run into trying to get this to work I would have got a single turbo and non vvti.So much money and time spent now so I have fix it.Street cars are stopped by the police to check engine bay so thats the main reason for this "oem" twin setup.I spent much time to get the car look original(waste of time as my car spend all the time in my garage) A company in us ordered the vipec for me with instructions on which car it should run so I hoped the right base map was installed.

Hi Lekonna.I have a set of rebuilt oem turboes on my car.Gt 28 hybrid turboes.World record is now 680 whp with this setup in sequential(Stu Hagen).If I know the problems I run into trying to get this to work I would have got a single turbo and non vvti.So much money and time spent now so I have fix it.Street cars are stopped by the police to check engine bay so thats the main reason for this "oem" twin setup.I spent much time to get the car look original(waste of time as my car spend all the time in my garage) A company in us ordered the vipec for me with instructions on which car it should run so I hoped the right base map was installed.

well, for this setup you are _not_ going to find a base map that works just by plugging it in. you will have to wire all of the pressure solenoids that the original system has (7 or so) and then configure them by trial and error so that the turbos work in sequential order.

if you change the original setup even a little (add bigger ic) you will notice it while driving since the original ECU is so tuned to the factory setup.

If the single setup is impossible, you might consider scratching the whole idea of sequential and just run the turbos parallel, you loose some of the low-end torque but can get the full hp out of the high end. as far as i can remember the waste-gate setup for the original twins is somewhat exotic so it might take some tuning to get the boost control to work properly, but definitely this is the easiest way to get the horses out of your engine.

wire the valve which is under the second turbo in the y part so that it is always open and remove and disconnect all stuff that is related to controling the sequential. it will make your setup 10x simpler and easier to tune.

edit:

here is a description by Ray Hall on how to go about doing this http://www.turbofast.com.au/lexusturbo.html